Chapter 25

"Good afternoon, ma'am Saellyn." Nakangiting bumaling siya sa mga staff na bagong pasok. She flashed a sweet smile before waving a little.

"Good morning din. Kumain na ba kayo ng snacks? Ang aga n'yo naman masyado rito, mamaya pa dapat ah," saad niya.

"Ayos lang po, ma'am. May aasikasuhin pa rin naman po kami mamaya pagkatapos po namin kayong ayusan. Bumili na rin po kami ng pagkain para sa inyo." Nagulat siya nang ilahad ng mga ito ang isang paper bag na agad niya naman kinuha.

"Omg, thank you so much. I haven't eaten anything pa rin, eh. Thank you, thank you. I'll treat you guys next time if we're all free," nakangiti niyang sabi.

The staffs gladly smiled and nodded. "Walang anuman po, ma'am. Labas na po ulit kami, kukuhanin lang po namin 'yung iba pang gamit sa sasakyan."

"Oki, thank you ulit!" She bid goodbye as they left the room. Nang matapos ayusin ang mga gamit niya ay agad siyang umupo para kumain muna.

The staffs are really sweet and nice, everyone, except Madelaine, behind the camera are hardworking. Gusto niya talagang makipag-bonding sa mga ito pero lagi namang hindi pasok sa schedule niya ang break ng mga ito.

They're doing their best to give her the best make-up, clothes and things she need. Mas komportable siya lalong pumasok sa trabaho dahil alam niyang may mga taong aalalay sa kaniya. If only she can thank them in different way, she'll gladly do it.

After eating the food they bought, she brushed her teeth to prepare for Rome and other make-up artists to arrive. Bago 'yon ay sinuot niya muna ang susuotin para sa event, para hindi na rin magulo ang make-up niya mamaya.

Saellyn picked a red rose short dress with a puffed sleeve that fits the theme of the party.

The second event for the casts' meet and greet was going to happen tonight, it was eventually a party that will be held at a big venue since "Flame of Love" is the most famous telenovela currently

It's also the first proper introduction for her as one of the main characters. Kahit kinakabahan siya ay hindi naman niya ipapahalata 'yon sa harap ng maraming tao. What's more important for her is to give her best upon meeting different people and to make them happy with the party.

Saellyn glanced at her phone when it vibrated. Mabilis niya itong kinuha at agad na nakita ang isang message.

Ija, this is your tita Ellaine. I heard from your tito William that you're investigating your mother's case again. It won't do any harm to you, right? Susuportahan ka naman namin basta't hindi ka malagay sa kung ano, lalo na't hindi yata alam ito ng daddy mo.

She bit her lower lip before typing a reply for her auntie.

Do me a favor and don't tell anyone, tita, please? It won't do me any harm, I swear.

Naghintay pa siya nang ilang minuto at sumagot na rin naman agad ang tita sa kaniya.

Okay, hon. Mas importanteng hindi ka mapapahamak sa gagawin mo. I'll talk to my father about it, you know that he is a general right? Maybe William and I can pull some connections to re-open the case again so we can gain help from the law itself. Don't worry. Masyado ka nang maraming natulong sa amin kaya kung makakabawi man kami ay tutulungan ka rin namin.

She smiled sweetly upon reading that message. The only good thing she gained from her father is his family before marriage. Her uncle William was the one who took care of her ever since, parang ito na halos ang tatay niya.

Especially when he married Ellaine, they stood up as her guardians and she'll always be thankful for their good treatment towards her ever since she was a kid.

Her father did everything to train her like a princess, act like a fine girl, move extra careful, and everything that will benefit him. Akala niya noon ay normal lang 'yon, 'yon pala ay para lang ihanda siya sa responsibilidad bilang tagapagmana nito.

Her mother took her away from her dad, they lived somewhere far away, they're not that rich but they managed to buy what they need, and she was so happy living free. Hanggang sa isoli siya ng ina sa ama niya para umalis nang makatungtong siya ng legal na edad. And after that, she never saw her mother again, a year after before they received a news that she died, it's a suicide.

After convincing her father to re-open the case and investigate it since her mother has no reason to do such things, he ignored her concerns and completely closed the case. Naiwan siyang lugmok at bigo, pakiramdam niya ay tinalikuran siya ng buong mundo.

A rebel woman, that's what she is when she packed up all her things to live by herself, to completely cut her connections with her father. By working in a bar as a waitress, from being a part-timer in some restaurants, and to being a freelance actress under Produce 06. She invested all the extra money she earned, built a small business, it grew, and she started helping charities after gaining lots of money.

Saan siya dinala ng pagiging rebelde niya?

To an independent twenty two year old woman who doesn't need a man to provide for her. To an independent woman who can't be taken down by anyone.

After working extra hard before she reached her place right now, she only had one line to hold on.

No one should make her feel inferior without her consent.

Kaya kahit sino pa ang kalabanin niya, matuklasan lang ang totoong nangyari sa pagkamatay ng nanay niya, hinding-hindi siya matatakot. She went through many things and nothing can scare her anymore, not even the law.

Bumaling siya sa pintuan nang bumukas 'yon. "Ma'am Saellyn? Nandiyan na po 'yung mga mag-aayos sa inyo."

She nodded her head before flashing a smile. "Okay, I'll get ready."

Saellyn faced the mirror as she stared at herself. She should focus first on the party and on her work.