Chapter 33

Necklace, clothes, and ingredients for baking a cake were the last stuff that her mother purchased before she allegedly took her own life. It doesn't make any sense for Saellyn while reading the files the officer gave her.

She could clearly recall the day her mother died, it was before her birthday. So she's assuming that the cake was for her. So why would a woman who's even planning to gift her daughter will take her own life suddenly?

"Baby." Nilingon niya ang nobyo nang makitang papalapit ito. He sat beside her before offering the glass of juice in his hand.

Nakangiting tinanggap niya naman 'yon. "Thank you."

"What are you doing in the police station anyway? Did something happen?" nag-aalala nitong tanong habang bahagya pang hinahaplos ang buhok niya.

Umiling naman kaagad siya sa lalaki. "I asked for some files at the police station, and gladly, my uncle and his wife have some connections so some officers helped me."

He took a sip from his juice before glancing at her. "Files about what?"

Maingat niyang inabot ang papel na hawak na agad namang kinuha ng binata. It's better for her to tell everything so he won't be clueless about the stuff she's doing. Ayaw niyang may tinatagong inpormasyon dito.

Tahimik siyang sumandal sa sofa at tinuon ang atensyon sa nobyo habang abala ito sa pagbabasa sa binigay niyang papel.

"I'm sure it's confusing for you why I'm curious about my mother's last purchase before her death, but--"

"You're having a hard time believing that she really took her own life?"

Gulat na tumango siya rito. "Ahm, yes. How did you know?"

"You wouldn't investigate about this if she was murdered or anything, so I guess the cause of her death was suicide. That's why you're trying to find out about the last things she did or bought to find any signs of depression. Isn't that the situation?" tanong nito.

She smiled sweetly before nodding her head. "Ang talino mo naman."

Natatawa siya nitong hinalikan sa pisngi. "I just want to be attentive when it comes to you, baby. And these things she bought seem like a gift for me. Was it for you or for anyone?"

"She died before my birthday, so I'm assuming that it's for me."

"Hmm." Tumango-tango ang lalaki. "It's either she's really planning to kill herself and the last thing she wanted to do was to give you gifts. Or it's either she's eager to see you, bond with you, and be with you for  a long time, but she was murdered before anything else."

She stared at Dagger in the meantime. "Really? That m-might be the case?"

He nodded once again as he lifted his hand to caress her right cheek. "I'll help you re-opening your mother's case once we get enough evidence to prove that something happened to her. You have me, baby, you can ask for anything. Ayokong nakikita kang nahihirapan."

Something insider her melted upon hearing that, kinikilig na hinalikan niya ang lalaki sa pisngi at niyakap pa ito nang mahigpit. "Marami pala akong benefits sa 'yo, buti na lang jinowa kita," pagbibiro niya na ikinatawa naman nito.

Maingat siya nitong kinandong at buong pag-iingat na hinalikan sa mga labi. "I have many benefits with you as well." Pilyo itong kumindat.

"Talaga, dyosa kaya ako, you should be really thankful," dagdag niya pa na mas lalong ikinalakas ng tawa nito.

"Hmm, you are really a fucking goddess." 

"Sus, bumabawi ka lang kasi guests kayong dalawa ni Madelaine sa talk show bukas, eh." Inirapan niya ang lalaki at akma pang aalis sa pagkakakandong dito nang mas higpitan nito ang pagkakahawak sa baywang niya.

"Don't get jealous, baby, you know that I won't say things just to make people go crazy about our loveteam. Be thankful that she's great making things up so I don't have to lie anymore," natatawa nitong sagot.

She pouted her lips. "I hate you."

He leaned forward to kiss her lips once again. "No, you don't, baby. And why are you panicking about it, love? We're going to guest in that talk show also after my turn with Madelaine."

Nanlaki ang mga mata niya sa sinabi nito. "Ha?"

"You didn't receive a message from the production team?" Umiling naman siya na dahilan ng pagtawa nito. "That's why you're throwing tantrums at me."

"Really? Talaga? Magkakaroon ako ng first appearance sa talk show na 'yon?" Excited siyang pumalakpak. "Wie! Yeheey."

Nanggigigil siyang hinalikan ng lalaki sa pisngi. "And I'm glad you're with me. The host will just ask questions about the drama and about us, let's not lie about anything, okay?"

"Ha? Ano ka diyan? Paano kung tinanong nila tayo na 'are you guys dating?'. Are we going to admit it? Lagot tayo sa pt," she said.

"They won't ask that, of course, my main lead is Madelaine. And can we not keep our relationship as a secret to the staffs and the whole production team itself? They're not that strict about their artists relationship," Dagger said.

"But everyone knows that your loveteam with Madelaine has a bigger fanbase. And she's the main character as well, ano na lang magiging epekto no'n sa series kapag nalaman nilang ako ang jinowa mo tapos hindi si Madelaine? Lagot ka, baby," pang-aasar niya.

She smiled when he let out a chuckle after hearing that. "Bakit naman ako malalagot? Ikaw ang gusto ko, eh. You're the one I'm planning to marry, they can't do anything about it. Once they gave us permission to be open about our relationship, that I'm sure they'll do because it wasn't in the contract, then I can always kiss you in public. Right?"

"Hmm." She acted as if she's thinking. "Kiss lang yata habol mo sa akin. Break na nga tayo, hmp."

Hinapit siya nito at niyakap nang mahigpit. "Isa lang 'yon sa mga habol ko sa 'yo. But I'm more interested about having you in my arms like this, hearing you say that you cherish me just like I do. That's what matters for me the most, Saellyn. Kahit hindi mo ako halikan nang ilang taon, basta akin ka pa rin, wala na akong pakealam."

Kinikilig siyang umiwas ng tingin at ngumuso. "Na-love at first sight ka ba sa akin doon sa event?"

"Event?" he asked.

"Oo, doon sa event, 'yung unang meet natin. Feeling ko naakit ka ng charms ko, eh," she said.

Kinagat nito ang ibabang labi at natatawang umiling. "I told you that I'm not talking about that party, baby."

Tulalang pinagmasdan niya ang lalaki nang maingat siya nitong ibaba mula sa kandungan nito.

She's sure that they really met for the first time in that event. Did he forget about it already?