Part twenty

Word count {1295}

Y/n pov:

It had been a few days since Mary passed. I was over at Gilbert's house sitting at the dining table while Gilbert went over the plan.

"So it's all set. We'll drop Delphine with Marilla on Saturday in time to catch the morning train to Charolettown. Me and y/n will meet Dr. Ward while you head to the bog to make arrangements with the minister for, the funeral, and speak with Mary's friends."

Delphine started to fuss so I got up while he set her in her cradle. She was smiling and I giggled a little.

"Bash you have to come see this."

Bash slowly stood up and made his way over. He leaned over her and touched her face lightly. Me and Gilbert backed up a little and looked at each other, I gave him a small smile and he did the same.

Then Gilbert leaned forward again and placed his hand on Bash's shoulder.

"Bash, it's alright to cry, to scream, yell. All of it."

"I'm fine."

I took a step back as Bash walked passed me to sit down again.

"Would you like anything to eat?" I asked while walking over to the stove and grabbing the food.

Gilbert sat down as I handed everything out. I sat across from Bash.

The rest of breakfast was eaten in silence.

~

After we dropped little Delly off at the Cuthberts, Matthew asked if Anne could come with us because she had some things she needed to do in Charlottetown.

The train ride was awkward. Anne and me sat across from Bash and Gilbert.

Anne placed her hand over Bash's, he looked away from the window and put his on top of hers.

"Thank you, but not a good idea." Bash looked behind Anne where others started staring at them.

He gently brushed Anne's hand off of his.

I could see Gilbert look over to those people strangely.

The rest of the ride was pretty quiet after that, Bash got off first on his stop to tell Mary's friends the news. After he left, Gilbert wouldn't stop staring out the window, and I caught Anne looking at him a few times too.

Gilbert's pov:

When we got off the train, I made sure Anne got to her destination safely as Matthew asked. While we walked there. Anne stayed silent, it felt a little odd seeing as she usually was the opposite.

Y/n also stayed pretty quiet, every once and a while she would point out a bird in the sky or some pretty flowers.

"Okay here we are. Thank you Gilbert for escorting me here." Anne said a little shortly.

Before I could say anything else, she whipped around and went inside the rather nice looking house.

I rose my eyebrows and looked at y/n, "have any idea what happened?"

She shrugged her shoulders, "I'm not sure, I have noticed she's been acting differently around you though."

I laughed a bit, then I held out my arm for her to link hers through. "Shall we go?"

She nodded her head.

~

Y/n pov

Me and Gilbert met Winnie at a cafe.