Part three

Word count (1572)

Gilbert was probably the first real friend I have ever had. I kept getting distracted during breakfast thinking about it and my aunt called my name.

"Y/n, can you please tell me why you won't stop grinning?" My aunt asked at the breakfast table.

I looked at her and blushed in slight embarrassment.

She cocked an eyebrow, "oh? Is this what I think it is?"

oh no.

"No it's not-"

"Oh y/n!! Who is he?" She said excitedly which caught me by surprise.

"Um- well, his name is Gilbert. Gilbert Blythe but-."

She clasped her hands together and smiled at me. "Run along now dear! I shouldn't keep you waiting!" And then winked at me.

I blushed fiercely and ran out the door with my basket as fast as I could and ran into something.

We both fell over and I looked down to see who it was. Gilbert.

"Do we always have to meet this way?" Gilbert asked as he helped me up.

I laughed at him, "I hope not."

"I was hoping to walk you to school if you don't mind, why were you in such a rush?"

"My aunt, she was being- oh never mind."

He just smirked, "let's get going then?"

I nodded my head "yeah."

As we walked to the school, I couldn't help but smile the whole time.

"Hey y/n, I was wondering, would you like to come over for dinner tonight? You can meet Sebastian and we can talk more about Trinidad"

I looked over to him and smiled. "I'd love to, I'm sure my aunt wouldn't mind."

He smiled back and looked forward. "We're here."

My smile faded a little. "Sit with me at lunch?" I asked him.

"Sure."

"Y/n!" I heard Anne say as I walked in.

"Good morning Anne."

Before Anne could say anything I could hear a snobby voice behind me.

"Y/n, We're going to play a game during lunch today if you're interested."

I turned around. "What's the game?"

"Spin the bottle," she smirked.

I smiled back, "sure, why not." She wasn't expecting that.

Josie huffed slightly and we all sat down for class.

"You don't have to play y/n, she's just doing this to embarrass you." Diana said.

"It's fine, I don't really care," I smiled at her.

We all sat in our seats and started the day.

~

When lunch time came around, I started to get a little nervous. I wasn't earlier, but as I thought more and more about it, it made my stomach turn. What if I have to kiss that Billy kid...

"You alright y/n?" I heard Gilbert say as he sat down next to me by the stream.

"I don't know... Josie wants us all to play spin the bottle in a little bit. It's only my second day here."

He was quiet for a second, "don't worry, if you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to kiss anyone." Gilbert said.

I nodded my head, "but what if they make fun of me if I chicken out?"