Slit Wrists and Battered Hearts |8+|

Author's Note einundsiebzig
Well hello everyone... sorry to keep you waiting... but I've been busy with my freakin photography crap... sometimes I get so sick of taking pictures ONLY because I hate having to edit them later... it's sooo friggin tedious.

Anywhore... hopefully you like this one... I tried to make it long! This chapter is going to have a flashback which explains what happened between Jetta and Louis the last night they were together in LA ;) (so keep in mind this occurred before Channing was abducted)

WARNING: SEXUAL CONTENT... I mean the last chapter was depressing... so idk... i gotta liven this one up a bit bc reading about sex with onE dirEction is like poetry to my eyEs tbh if u do not agree, I'm sorry... but I find u irrelevant to the advancement of the human species.

Dedicated to @5boysaremyworld because she's been making so many AKOTW edits and it makes me wanna squeal <3

Song of the chapter is "Bad" by The Cab [seriously, play the video I've provided in the media section... THAT IS JETTA OMG... this song was obvi written about my fictional character <3]

__________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 8: Slit Wrists and Battered Hearts

|| c h a n n i n g ||

I wasn't sure if it was real or not, but at the moment I didn't care. I didn't care if this was another drug induced fantasy. He was here... he was with me... and I felt safe.

This time though, there was just something about the way my name sounded when it rolled off of his tongue... something about the way my bruised skin tingled under his touch... something about the way his heart felt as it beat rapidly against my cheek as I lay on his chest.

He held me for a long time, and then when he looked down at me, and our eyes locked on one another... that's when I knew this was real... when I saw those beautiful eyes drenched in tears of sorrow and regret. His body was shaking as I held him tightly and I tried to soothe his trembling frame by scratching my fingers along his back, just like I knew he liked.

He kept mumbling that he was sorry... sorry for crying, sorry for leaving, sorry for not protecting me... but I shook my head adamantly, refusing to place any blame on his shoulders. This wasn't his fault... none whatsoever.

After a short time, his breathing began to slow and he gently pulled away; I looked up to meet his shining eyes while he cradled my face in his hands, touching his lips to mine as gently as possible. Although the kiss may have been the simplest we had ever had, it was by far the most passionate and loved filled form of affection we had ever shared.

My entire body was aching under his touch, but I would take the pain just so that I could feel the touch of his fingers lightly grazing my skin. In his hands I was safe; in his hands I would always be safe.

My jaw throbbed as we looked at each other, and I tried to tell him with my eyes how much he meant to me... how he meant absolutely everything.

By now, his tears had stopped, just leaving clear tear tracks from his red rimmed cerulean eyes trailing down his rosy cheeks; it may have been the most vulnerable I'd ever seen him, and that thought alone gave me enough strength to slowly reach my hand up to his cheek, swiping away the tears with my thumb as our eyes remained locked on one another.

I just wanted him to smile for me... just one smile so that I could feel it; I wanted to feel the warmth of that smile licking against my skin, just like the warmth of the sun.