Chapter 87 - Vengence

*** Trigger warning - Violent chapter***

My lungs were burning from the lack of air. I had actually stopped breathing at the sight of my mothers charred body. I was unable to save her. My beautiful mother who changed her life in order to protect us. My mother who worked so hard and refused to make a life for herself in order to keep our secret safe. My mother who was there for me through all the lonely tears and nightmares. The one who helped me with my homework, cooked for me and bathed me when I was too young to do it myself.

My mum who kissed me and Abe goodnight and taught us to be kind and compassionate. This wasn't fair. She deserved better. She deserved a better daughter, one who could have protected her for a change. She finally reunited with our father, only to have it all taken away again.

One deep breath in was all it took for the sizzling feeling to spread through my body. Hotter than any flame had ever felt before. I noticed Abe with tears in his eye. Tears he refused to shed as his anger held more control. He took a few steps back furrowing his brow when he looked my way. So did Zander and the others though I didn't know why.

My gaze locked back onto the murderer who stood in front of me smiling triumphantly. Blaze with his red hair and giant grin made me feel hot with rage. It was like everything around me spun, everything except for Blaze.

My right foot moved on its own, then my left. The smell of something burning filled my nose but I ignored it.

The scorching pain in my heart outweighed the feeling of my own skin burning. His face finally looked my way contorting from one of joy to one of shock and fear as he took in my appearance.

He tried to take a step back like everyone else around me had, but I raised my hand and spoke out loud in another language. It was a spell Alessia had taught me to stop anything from moving.

I could see myself reflected in his eyes. My silver hair was standing upright moving left to right but never falling down. A bright blue glow lit up my skin making me look magical. I realised the blue glow was the hottest flame. It was the flame Alessia tried to get me to tap into during training. The same flame that was rumoured to be deadly to yield, but extremely useful if one could handle its heat.

I wasted no time when my hand raised and wrapped around his throat. Before I could get the satisfaction of squeezing and breaking his neck, he screamed once and burned the way my mother did. Blue flames erupted in a second until nothing was left.

My hand was left suspended in the air with nothing between my fingers. I looked down at the pile of ash as it was gradually carried away by the wind.

I felt my hair fall onto my back and shoulders and the hot blue glow dulled before it vanished. "You.. you killed a council member?" Margo's voice had shock and anger mixed together.

"He killed my mother." My words felt justified though my heart ached and felt hollow, like I had just lost a part of myself in the process. "A life, for a life." I looked into Margo's eyes daring him to challenge me. It was the one rule in every magical book I had read. As long as the spell is justified it can be used without the need for black magic.

"We were following orders. You're lucky your old enough for us not to come after you. Although now that you have killed one of my men I suppose it is only fair for me to kill one of yours."

As his words left his mouth I heard Zander grunt as an orange flame surrounded him. He then looked up at me and began to laugh.

I almost forgot he was fireproof when my heart sunk and my breath hitched. If Margo had done that to anyone else they would have been dead like my mother.