Chapter 72 - Down In A Dump

Alexa's POV:

The hairs on the back of my neck stood up, I knew someone was watching me. I turned around. Even if I wasn't able to hide my scent or turn invisible without Glim helping, I wasn't going to act weak.

I took a deep breath but the wind wasn't working in my favour. 

"Okay you can come out now, I know someone is there." I said out loud trying to control my treacherous heart as I spoke. Fake it till you make it right?

I heard heavy breathing as a dark blonde wolf emerged. He lowered himself to the ground before resting it's head on his paws. His eyes raked over the curve of my body for a fraction of a second before widening when he realised I was naked.

He cast his eyes immediately to the ground. Well at least I know he isn't a threat. It was then I recognised his eyes. "Jax is that you?" A happy bark confirmed my assumptions. "Alright lead the way."

I took a few steps closer to Jax and kept just behind him as we walked. The purple flowers were the only thing I was carrying, and before I knew it, Jax swished his tail causing some of the flowers to fall to the ground. The brief touch must have been enough as his skin swiftly replaced his fur and his bones cracked and popped, transforming him into his human form.

"What the?" Jax looked stunned as he looked down at his hands spreading his fingers in front of him. He was forced into his human form the same way I was.

"Crap this isn't good!"  Jax said with worry evident in his voice.

"Relax, well just agree to not look at each other and stare straight ahead." I said laughing at his over-reaction.

"No not that- I was in the middle of mind linking Zander. I said I had found you and that you were.. well, I couldn't get the word 'safe' out before my wolf retreated and I could no longer mind-"

"Yeah I know I tried it too! These flowers seem pretty special huh?"

"Wait, could they be wolfsbane? Surely not? We don't grow them on the island and it's extremely rare. You have no idea how hard it is to get a hold of." Jax said looking at the flowers I held towards him.

We fell into a conversation talking all about our past and his mate. I understood now why he was so protective of Zander. He even apologised again to me, promising to serve and protect me no matter what. I had never seen this side of Jax before and it was nice. I could really see us becoming friends.

A low growl emerged from my left but I didn't see anything at first. Not until something jumped out at us. I instinctively pushed Jax out of the way thinking it was a threat until pine and musk filled my nose. "Shadow? Wow you look.."

"Different right!" Jax said laughing. Shadow snapped his teeth towards Jax who put his hands up in surrender. "Hey I didn't choose to be walking here naked, it was Alexa's fault! Guess she wanted to see which brother was bigger? She said something about picking me and letting you down gently.." Jax laughed, as Shadow took a threatening step towards him growling angrily.

I spoke out loud; "Before you kill your brother you should know it was my fault. Kind of similar to the handcuff situation. I'll explain when we get back home." I said making Shadow look at me. He nudged Jax ahead to lead the way and began walking beside me.

"Wait, what handcuffs? I had no idea you were so kinky Zander.." Jax nodded approvingly only resulting in Shadow grabbing onto Jax's ankle just enough to trip him over, his face landing first into the dirt.

It wasn't long until Zander walked into the mansion and brought Jax and I some clothes. We walked into the house and sat at the kitchen counter next to Ella, who made some steaming cups of hot chocolate. The clock on the wall read 3am.