Chapter 55 - Diamond In the Rough

Alexa's POV:

I smiled at Ella as she led me to her bedroom. Zander decided to go with Jax and Ed. He's probably warning and fighting with Jax. He seemed really angry with his brother. Alessia stayed with mum so she wasn't on her own.

"So.. no one knows about this outfit, but I actually designed and made it for a fighting tournament I never ended up going to. It's sexy and useful. Don't let the appearance fool you. The armour is impenetrable, even against silver bullets and blades. Wolves tend to fight dirty when it counts." Ella said unzipping the black garment bag.

"Holy.. I can't wear that!" I yell out in shock. "That's not going to hide much! In case you haven't noticed, Jax wants to kill me not fuck me. That looks like something for a upper class fancy dress party."

"Don't make assumptions until you try it on. It's very stretchy and amazing to fight in." Ella says pushing me into the bathroom. 

The gladiator style dress was beyond incredible. It looked tough and sexy all at the same time. The solid chest plates curved to accommodate most of my breasts allowing some cleavage to smoothly peek out from the top. It looked like reflective diamonds in the shape of large scales. The edges and grooves surrounding my breasts caught the light casting rainbow coloured rays against the mirror and tiles. The colour somehow matched Glimmer's eyes.

The individual strips that hung from my hips like a skirt, was made up of the same diamond armour as what was on top. There were around fifteen of them and they hung lightly down my thighs. Each piece was sharp with an arrow shape point aiming towards the ground. I knew if I spun around fast enough it would act as a blade. The material that connected the breast plates to the skirt was a thick stretchy white fabric that moved with my body. It had a built in body suit in the lining so my undies wouldn't show, it was just the same white stretchy material so I didn't have to worry about everyone coping an eyeful as I fought.

"Wooooow!"  Ellas eyes widened as my wolf peeked out at her. "You really are like a diamond in the rough! Incredibly beautiful and secretly tough." She said grinning. "I noticed my brother didn't realise you were a wolf. You hid your smell which is why he acted that way to you. Keep your wolf hidden until the end, use it as a distraction when you need it most." She said handing me matching gladiator shoes. They were white and flat, with vine like straps going up my calf. They were surprisingly comfortable and didn't slide down as I moved.

"I don't know how you made this and how to thank you Ella, you've been so kind and generous towards me." I said smiling at her.

"You can keep the outfit, it looks way better on your curvy figure anyway! Thank me by kicking my brothers arse! I'll be recording it as blackmail. It will be worth it for me, don't you worry... oh and here is a bottle of wolfsbane if you put some on the armour it will stop him from healing as you fight."

I shook my head. "I don't need to resort to cheating to win. I already feel bad about the sharp edges on the skirt." I say as she began braiding my hair into one braid that fell between my shoulder blades.

"If you feel bad you don't have to use it. If he pisses you off though or fights dirty, the option is there. Ella said with a shrug as she led me down the stairs and out the back door towards the training ground. The floor was made of compressed sand and there was a cage looking structure to the side that housed workout mats and other equipment. I noticed it as I rounded the corner.

"I can't believe you are acting this way the second we get to meet Zander's mate! She is the future Luna and you should show more respect!" I hear Zander's mum scold Jax. "The moon goddess knows what she is doing."

"Yeah well it sure didn't look like she knew what she was doing with me. Or maybe I deserved what I got." Jax said filling with rage.

Zander was standing next to Alessia and my mother providing clear support on my side of the large white circle that's marked on the ground. Jax, Ed and Zander's parents were talking on the left of the circle and had their backs to me. The second Zander felt my presence his eyes found mine instantly. I guess our bond has already started working. I could sense exactly where Zander was before I even left the house. It was like a magnetic pull leading me towards him.