Chapter 86 - Introductions

***Trigger warning - Violent chapter including death***

Alexa's POV:

The smell of blood hit my nose and I briefly made eye contact with Zander who had sent a mind link to help out the Sharp tooth pack to those of us that were here.

I couldn't see past my brothers warriors as the woman and children unable to fight retreated and swarmed blocking my path. Abe was able to walk right through the centre but the warriors closed the gap before I could even get close.

"What is the meaning of this? You are trespassing on my land." My brothers voice held authority and anger. It didn't take long for me to see a few unlucky casualties laying motionless on the bloodstained grass. People who had once been standing in the crowd watching Abe and I spar, only to meet such a shocking and untimely end. One, only a child around the age of seven.

At the sight of this poor boy with glassy lifeless eyes, and his mother sobbing over his dead body, my magic awakened and it took all of my control to hold it in.

I began to force my way through the surrounding warriors, some ready to attack before realising who I was. "I demand to know who you are and why you would strike innocent pack members." Abe's voice held so much anger, and rightfully so. I was amazed he was able to speak at all. My throat felt painfully raw every time I pictured that little boy. Sorrow consumed me so much, I wasn't even sure I'd be able to talk.

I stood on the left beside my brother between Ned and Abe, Drake stood to the right of him. I spotted Zander, my mother and the others in the second row slightly to the side of the warriors, not wanting to interfere with Abe's questioning or overstep their boundaries. I on the other hand was his sister and also an Alpha in my own right. He knew I was an ally without the need for words.

"Well, I'm surprised you're in need of introductions." The leader of the three men spoke. This man had black hair and dark brown eyes. He had a dangerous aura around him. There was no warmth or kindness in his eyes just pure hatred and confidence. I could tell he was a threat to take seriously.

"Council members is what I heard during all the panic earlier, and I can feel they all possess magic." Glimmer spoke up reminding me of her strength and presence.

"I have a strange feeling about this Glim. Something is telling me to not let these men know I am related to the Alpha." I say through our link before speaking out loud.

"Apologies." I took a step forward earning a confused and stunned look from Abe at my words. He didn't try to stop me though, which I appreciated. "Alpha hasn't met a council member before." I said gesturing to their purple matching capes. "I guess he just assumed they were all about caring for the lives of all, and didn't expect our most powerful law enforcers to be ruthless and heartless enough to kill defenceless and innocent adults and children." I spat the last of my words venomously gesturing towards the poor little body laying dead in the grass a few feet away.

"How dare you speak to me like that! I am Margo, leader of the witch council. It would do you good to show some respect."

He clicked his fingers and I watched as a red headed man stepped forward scanning the crowd. His hair stood upright and looked like an actual flame. He held one hand open facing the sky, and as he slowly closed it I heard a familiar scream.

I turned to see my mother floating two metres in the air. "Let me introduce myself, I am Blaze. We have been sent here to get justice for a crime that was committed over nineteen years ago. This witch decided to mate with a unknown werewolf resulting in an abomination being born. Anyone with strong magic could sense the change in the air. We have searched high and low and have finally come to seek justice. We do not normally listen to information that comes our way by the evil witch, but in this case I'm glad we did." I frowned at his words, thinking ahead of what fight we were about to have.