Chapter 67 - Competition

Alexa's POV:

Thick warm rays of sunlight gleaming through gaps in Zander's curtains, made my eyes flutter open. The window cracked just enough for a fresh breeze to drift through the bedroom. The sweet smell of rose petals, and wet autumn leaves filled my senses.

I groaned to myself at the realisation I needed to get out of my warm cocoon. I hate mornings, despite the warmth of the sunlight and smells of the flowers. I knew I had a lot to get through today, so I sucked in a deep breath before throwing the thick soft covers off me.

I stood up, the lingering sleep in my eyes vanishing at the sight of Zander. His breathing was steady and I admired how peaceful he looked. As my eyes lowered from his lashes, to his lips they made their way down his neck until they paused on the skin where our mark laid.

A glowing wolf was howling towards.. well, the sun and the moon. Both were on the mark when normally only a crescent moon would be visible. Glimmer strutted proudly while peering through my eyes admiring our mates mark.

"It stands out perfectly against Zanders skin. No she wolf will dare flirt with him now." Glimmer said seriously.

"Well technically she wolves are sometimes stupid and slutty so don't hold your breath Glim. Besides the bond isn't completed yet, Zander still needs to mark us and we still need to.. you know."

"Well, we will just have to teach them a lesson. Death should be a suitable punishment, and the word your trying to say is 'mate' or 'sex'."

I laughed and blushed all at the same time. "If death is the punishment, how is it teaching them a lesson? Your not giving them a chance to learn from their mistakes."

It was Glimmer's turn to laugh now. "So you don't want me killing anyone and you can't say the word 'mate.' You are half wolf you know, it's in our nature to defend what it ours." I knew Glim was right, but I wasn't one to want a fight, I would politely remind them of their place.

I eventually showered and dressed in long black leggings and a black crop top with my favourite pair of runners. My shoulder still ached from the day before and hadn't fully healed. I redressed it, and struggled tying up my hair in a high ponytail.

The strong smell of roasted coffee beans, eggs and bacon, had my mouth drooling in anticipation as I descended the stairs and headed towards the kitchen. 

"Good morning Alexa! Your timing is perfect, I've made extra." Zander's mother Vivian greeted me with a warm smile and placed a plate full of food on the kitchen counter next to Ella on her left. 

"Dad is out with Jax doing Alpha duties while Zander is spending his first day on the job sleeping." Ella snickered beside me, getting a smile out of Vivian. "You should have seen the look on dads face when we told him Zander was still asleep!" Ella's comment had me feeling a little guilty.

Zander's parents and Jax had left the party before all the excitement began last night. Since Zander never mind linked Jax or his dad to come and help, they heard what had happened from Ella once everything had calmed down.

"Now, now, Alexa. Don't you go feeling bad. This is the most amusing thing to happen in a long time. Someone needs to knock these Alpha males down a notch or two!" Vivian said as she sat beside Ella with her own plate. 

A nasally voice sounded through the front door. The three of us stood and headed towards the voice. The familiar screech pierced my eardrums like nails down a chalk board, making me cringe.

"Come on sleepy head, it not like you to sleep through training! You never miss an opportunity to get all hot and sweaty with me."

The familiar voice registered in my head as Rachel's, only confirming my assumption when she stepped inside the house and walked towards the stairs. Rachel was wearing nothing more than what looked like bikinis. They barely hid her lady bits. The bottoms were a bright pink g-sting showing off her rounded bottom, and the top matched in colour but was at least two sizes too small exposing cleavage from all angles. Her nipples were also easily spotted through the thin fabric.