Chapter 49 - Heat

Ryan's POV:
(Alexa's father)

I had looked forward to this day for eighteen years. The day I would get to embrace my beautiful daughter. 

When she pushed me away, my heart felt like I was stabbed with a silver knife coated in wolfsbane. I knew she would be angry at the fact we lied to her and that would show after her initial shock but I was hoping for a little more excitement. 

When she mentioned vampires my heart stopped. I haven't met one before as they usually stick to themselves, and here my beautiful daughter almost lost her life to one. The hardest part about it all was that I couldn't protect her from any of it.

She was taking everything so well. I expected more of a reaction when I told her about us.

Her wolves eyes were incredible. Her normal eyes I remember like it was yesterday. They looked exactly like the glowing moon on a clear day, but her wolves eyes added rainbow strands that never stayed one colour. They were hypnotic. I could get lost staring at them for days.

"Alpha, we seem to have a problem.." My gamma Ron sent a mind link just as Alexa stood up from her seat.

"Bl.. black eyes.." she managed to say before she collapsed and hit the ground blacking out.

"Sorry Ron, I have an emergency of my own, meet me in the infirmary in ten minutes." I sent back through our mind link. 

Abe managed to catch her head before it hit the ground and lifted her up into his arms. "My beta who came with me is on his way, tell me where the infirmary is." 

"Follow me." I say as we all left the room. "If you don't mind me asking son, why are you and your beta here? Shouldn't he be looking after your pack?" I ask knowing he has recently become Alpha. I could feel his power the second he arrived onto our territory.

"Normally yes, however I have my gamma Ned and the neighbouring alpha Mike lending a hand while I'm gone. Before you give me any looks I can't talk much about it but yes we help each other out and have a unbreakable peace treaty. That's the most I can say."

"Fair enough." I say trusting my son knows what he's doing. "Right through this door." 

"Alpha I have this room ready as requested. What happened to her?"

"Everyone this is Doctor Jenny, She's the best we have here. If anyone can help Alexa it's her." I say.

"Hi Jenny, my name is Alessia. She has been showing signs of being hot and irritable all day yesterday, and today has been more extreme. Before you ask, I already asked her if she has met someone and experienced the mating sparks and she said no, but I'm not convinced. I could tell she was in pain earlier."

"You could?" said Wendy looking at her daughter questioningly. "I know you girls are close but if she was, she hid it well."

"Yes but after meeting Ryan and backing away so fast, that wasn't like her. She did it with her brother only ten minutes later and her right eye slightly squinted which is one of her signs she's trying to hide pain. She also broke the aircon in the plane claiming it wasn't working, took a freezing cold shower this morning for ages, and had the cooling on high all night last night so I needed two blankets on. I'm convinced she's in heat."

"Wait how do you know her shower was cold?" Wendy asked her daughter.

"She was in their a long time and there was no condensation on the mirror like there usually is when she takes hot showers." Alessia concluded.

At that moment my gamma Ron came through the door. It slammed open and wedged itself into the wall. His sole focus was on my daughter as he was growling. His eyes were pitch black and I realised what was happening. Just as I went to use my Alpha voice and command him to stop, Abe punched him square in the face knocking him out cold. He will be fine in ten minutes as us wolves heal fast.