Chapter 22 - Injured

Zander's POV

Once I smelt all the blood, I knew it was her scent mixed in with that horrible perfume. Ella and I ran following the horrendous smell as it mingled with the scent of a public toilet. It lead us towards the girls bathroom.

Ella pushed it open and stepped aside. The first thing I saw was Alexa passed out and covered in blood. She was laying helplessly on the cold tiled floor, strands of her long brown hair matted with blood stuck onto her neck and forehead.

I ran to her sliding down on the ground beside her. I placed her head in my lap as I looked her over to see where all the blood was coming from.

Other than the old bandage on her neck that I only now noticed, there was no visible injury. Alexa's phone rang and Ella immediately picked it up and answered it. Whoever it was, she knew them or expected the call as I listened in on their conversation.

"Finally! Took you long enough!" Ella said sounding relieved.

"I'm early! I said another full night." Said a male on the other end of the phone.

"Yes, well I knew you gave her the worst case scenario since making a promise and wanted extra time to explain things to your mate. I was expecting to have news this morning. Is Alessia okay?"

"Short answer - she will live. Is she okay? Not so much."

"I don't have time to talk I need you to meet me at my cabin urgently, the address is-"

"I'll be able to find you, I don't need the address, see you in fifteen minutes."

As the line went dead I looked at Ella. She appeared slightly calmer than before, which helped me snap out of my panic and begin to focus.

"I mind linked Jax and Ed to meet us at the cabin also, we need to move." My voice held
authority as I spoke to Ella, not at all bothering with all the questions running through my mind until Alexa was conscious and safe.

When most of us arrived at the cabin, I went towards the key that was hidden in its usual spot. I was holding Alexa in my arms so knew it was going to be difficult to get it. Ed went to take Alexa out of my arms but I growled at him in warning. "No one touches her." I growled.

"Yes Alpha." Ed replied instantly bearing his neck in submission.

"Would you like to tell me where the key is so I can grab it?" Ed asked.

"There is no need I'll get it." Said Ella as she walked up to Alexa in my arms. "May I retrieve it from her pocket without losing my head?" Ella asked sarcastically rolling her eyes at my possessive behaviour.

I frowned in confusion wondering why my key was in Alexa's pocket, but gave her a nod of approval. Sure enough, Ella retrieved the key from Alexa's pocket and unlocked the door. 

Once inside, I placed her on my bed. It made more sense to put her into the first room closest to the lounge but Shadow and I just didn't feel right so went towards the last room.

I grabbed a face wash with warm water and sat beside her wiping her face and neck of all the dry blood. Ella went to get her a fresh change of clothes. "Okay Mr possessive Alpha it's time for you to leave now." Ella's amusement was hardly contained as a smirk graced her face.

Shadow growled out in warning ready to lock everyone out of the room and take care of her himself, but Ella just laughed before continuing.

"Fine have it your way." She shrugged making a move towards my bedroom door. "I can't wait to see what Alexa says when she finds out you decided to take advantage of her in her unconscious fragile state. Can't imagine she'll trust you after that!"