Chapter 81 - Metamorphosis

Zander's POV:

The sound of birds chirping and the wind howling as it danced between the swaying branches and moving leaves, awoke me from the best dream. I dreamt that Alexa and I finally completed the mating process and that we were finally bound to each other for life.

I was laying face down on a rather hard bed and my face was facing the left. As I opened my eyes expecting to see an open window and billowing curtains, I was stunned to see the bright sunshine and floating clouds that lazily drifted by above me.

There were no walls, doors or aroma of roasted coffee beans, eggs, bacon or pancakes in the air. Instead a delicious smell of pure vanilla bean and caramel mixed with the fresh forest air filling my nose. I frowned realising the mouthwatering smell had come from Alexa and I.

Her scent smelt strong and absorbed into my very skin. Her blood ran through my veins as mine ran through hers. 

My eyes settled on her beautiful face. Gentle waves of silver framed her face matching her eyebrows. It was not a dull grey colour like you see on old people but a shiny healthy silver glow I would expect to find on Selene, the moon goddess herself.

She looked sweet and strong all at the same time. Realisation dawned on me as I recognised the goddess in my dream. It was her.. it had always been Alexa all along. 

Alexa's POV:

I felt like someone was watching me. My face muscles tensed briefly before feeling Zander's emotions of love and calmness through the bond. I could feel the familiar sparks on my waist as his hand rested on it. I opened my eyes slowly adjusting to the warm and bright sunshine peering over the clearing. 

A look of awe crossed Zander's face and I could see the slight tilt of his head as his eyes raked slowly over my face, hair and my.. "Crap! Where are my clothes?" I gasped sitting upright so fast I accidentally bumped heads with Zander. 

"Ow!" Zander flinched before speaking. "I think your dress is next to the bed but your undergarments are no longer an option I'm afraid. Besides you look so much better just as you are." Zander replied with a lust filled gaze that turned from blue to black, but only for a second. "How are you feeling? Are you.. uh.. sore?"

I felt Zander's concern but other than feeling a little achy between my legs I felt incredible. I knew my smile was reassuring enough since Zander stood and began to dress while handing me my dress and zipping me up. His shirt was open thanks to the lack of buttons, giving me a great view of his abs. 

Zander caught me staring, a quiet growl erupting from his chest. "Careful darling, you need the day to heal. If you keep looking at me like that, and sending arousal through the bond, I'm not going to be able to hold back." Zander's deep voice and warning was well received.

As sexy as Zander is, I needed the day to adjust to my new body. I felt oddly lighter than normal and the world around me seemed to move in slower motion than I was used to. 

"Oh!!" I gasped loudly as my eyes finally noticed our surroundings. Beautiful fruit trees stood proud and strong. Delicious ripe fruit hung from the strong branches. Pears, apples, oranges, lemons, almond trees and other varieties either had fruit, nuts or beautifully coloured flowers attracting bees and other insects to their beautiful petals. 

The grass below my feet was now thick and glossy rather than patchy and cracked with dry dirt. Zander's expression would have made me laugh if mine wasn't mimicking his also. 

"The bright light I sent out as we completed the bond did this. I saw it lingering on all the dead trees. The ones that had no leaves or life left in them are now sitting beside freshly grown adult fruit trees and have new shoots, branches and stronger trunks." Zander was speechless as he listened to my rambling. We sat there observing all the beauty of nature for a few minutes. After picking and eating some fruit and nuts, we decided it was time to head home.