Chapter 74 - Wolfsbane

Trigger warning - 'Mention of rape.'

Alexa's POV:

"What the hell was that?" Rachel struggled speaking clearly due to the few ice cubes still in her mouth. Her taste buds would be burnt for a while, but I thought it matched the three burnt claw marks that lingered on her cheeks quite well.

I smiled. "Didn't you say your wolf is your strength and if you would like to change halfway through we should have that option? Even if one of us out strengthens the other, it's the best way to learn?" I spat her words back at her mockingly as her face turned bright red.

"Well thanks for an entertaining fight ladies, I think everyone has no doubt now who my true Luna is, so if I hear anyone mention Alexa not being worthy I will deal with them personally. Now pair up and practice sparring in wolf form. I also want to see how fast you all can phase and work on increasing your speed." Zander's strong voice boomed reaching all areas in the training grounds.

There was no resistance or delay from his warriors, as they all began to phase. Rachel stormed off towards the pack house and I was desperate for another shower. Not that I was covered in sweat but I did want to rinse the dirt and dry blood off me from my small neck wound that had already healed.

Ella followed closely behind. "That was the coolest thing ever! I should have brought some popcorn! Hey, before I forget, what happened between you and Jax last night?

"Oh yeah, I have something back at the mansion to show you and your parents, just let me get cleaned up and eat something first, I'm starving." I say to Ella.

...

I took my time in the shower contemplating how much information to give everyone. Glimmer stressed the importance of keeping the place we found a secret. We both just had a gut feeling about this cave being important.

After drying my hair and putting on some make up, I went through my closet. A comfortable pair of grey leggings hugged my thighs, and a cute white crop top finished off my look. My strong stomach muscles were on view at the right angle. It was still shocking to see how much my body had changed ever since I began training and phasing.

I took my time getting ready knowing the others were finishing off training and when I made my way downstairs I saw Ella, Mike, Vivian, Zander, Jax and Ed were seated around the dining table. There was a seat saved next to Zander and glasses of orange juice and platters of pancakes lined the centre.

Everyone's plates were empty and I realised they were all waiting for me. "I'm so sorry, you guys shouldn't have waited for me! Please never do that again, eat while it's hot." At my words Jax and Ed began filling their plates as the others just smiled towards me only starting once I was seated.

"Well we kind of had no choice, Zander ordered us to wait until our Luna was ready."Jax imitated Zander in a deep commanding voice mockingly. This made everyone apart from Zander laugh.

"Well Jax, you have my permission to not wait for me unless it is a planned meal and I am aware you are waiting." Jax and Ed smile as Zander furrowed his brows.

"What's wrapped in the purple silk material?" Ella asked with a mouthful of pancake. She pointed to the rolled up piece of silk I had left beside me on the table. It was tied up with a pink ribbon.

I reached for some pancakes adding Nutella, coconut and strawberries on mine. It's not traditional but it's my favourite! "That's something I wanted to talk to you all about, but I need to explain something first. What I am about to tell you needs to stay in this room. I also will not being disclosing the location I found it, only what I have found." I say before taking a bite before continuing. I moan out loud at the chocolaty goodness and immediately stiffen. Zander's black eyes were focused straight on me. I felt a light blush spread along my cheeks before trying to change everyone's train of thought.