Chapter 37

For the past couple of weeks, the lovers had been back to their normal selves. For the most part. Janet had been having pains for a few days and had not been able to move around as much. She was officially seven months and it was really taking a toll. Toni had been helping with everything from walking around to washing up. Janet couldn't stand up as long so she had to sit on the bench in the shower. It hurt her heart to see Janet in this amount of agony. If she could trade places with her, she would in a heartbeat. Right now, Toni was downstairs making lunch for Janet. The boys were in their highchairs eating, well playing, with their lunch. "Mommy!" said Denim.

"What's wrong, baby?"

"Where's Mama?"

"She's laying down. She doesn't feel well."

"Are the babies okay?"

"Yes, they are."

"Is mama going to be okay?"

"Yeah, she's just a little worn down."

"Okay." Toni finished Janet's salad. She added chicken and croutons before grabbing the dressing from the fridge.

"Mama!" yelled Toni. Evelyn and Katherine came into the kitchen.

"Yes, sweetie." They said at the same time and stared at each other. Toni just laughed.

"Can you watch the boys while I take this up?"

"Of course." Toni headed upstairs and eased into their bedroom. Janet was curled up under the covers with her head in the pillows. Toni sat the food tray down on the nightstand. She went to Janet and gently shook her.

"Baby." Janet groaned. "Come on, you have to eat, sweetie." Janet shook her head.

"No." she said quietly. Toni pulled back the covers and saw that Janet was trembling a little.

"Baby, tell me what hurts." Janet placed her hand on the bottom of her stomach. That's when Toni realized that some of her pain was the pressure from the babies. "Come on and sit up for me. I have something that will help." Struggling, Janet turned on her back and sat on the edge of the bed. Toni looked at her face and saw the pain she was in. Climbing behind her, Toni sat on her knees and wrapped her arms under Janet's. "Okay, baby when I count to three, I want you to take a deep breath and let it out when I tell you." Janet nodded. Toni placed her hands under Janet's belly. "Okay. 1. 2. 3!" Janet took a deep breath while Toni lifted her belly. Janet didn't even wait for Toni to tell her, she let out her breath and laid her head back on Toni's shoulder. The amount of relief she felt was indescribable.

"Thank you."

"Anything for you. We can stay like this for as long as you need." Katherine and Evelyn had wondered what was taking so long and got worried. They went up the stairs with Diezel in Evelyn's arms and Denim following close behind. When they got in the room and saw the scene, they smiled. Denim didn't understand so he went by the bed crying.

"Mommy! What's wrong?"

"I'm helping Mama relax." Denim nodded his head and sat on the floor, hugging Janet's leg. Diezel moved around to get out of Evelyn's arms and crawled over to Janet. He pulled himself up and laid his head on her other leg. The older women loved the scene and instantly pulled out their phones. They recorded the moment for about ten minutes before stopping. Janet lifted her head.

"Okay, that's much better. Thank you, baby."

"You're welcome." Toni softly released her belly and stood back up. Janet sat back up in the bed.

"I can eat now." Denim jumped on the bed and sat next to Janet and Toni put Diezel on the bed so he could sit on the other side. He pulled himself back up and patted Janet on her shoulder. She didn't turn immediately so he patted harder.