Chapter 4

Janet walked into her house on guard. She didn't know if Rene was home or not. She was getting home late and she knew that he had probably been drinking. "Rene, are you here?"

"Yeah babe." She sat her purse and things down on the couch before following his voice to his den. Fear was written all over her face and body as she stepped inside. Rene stood up and went in to kiss Janet but when she smelled the alcohol on his breath, she flinched. "What's wrong baby girl?" His words and speech were slurred. "Nothing."

"You look scared. Don't be scared."

"I'm not. I'm just tired."

"Are you sure baby, it looks like you're scared." Janet backed away as Rene got closer. "Why were you out late, sweetie."

"I was hanging with some friends."

"Are you sure? Are you sure you weren't with someone else?" Janet was confused by what Rene was assuming. Every so often Rene accuses Janet of doing stuff just to see what happens. "Are you sure you weren't with your boyfriend?"

"What boyfriend?" Rene moved closer as Janet stepped back.

"Roger. You know him. The man that keeps you away from me. Are you sure you weren't with him?" Rene pushed Janet back into a corner. He pushed on her shoulder. "Tell me Janet, tell me how you were hanging out with your little boyfriend." He placed his hand on the wall behind Janet. "Are you cheating on me, Janet?"

"No, Rene. I promise I'm not." Janet ducked under his arm and moved away from him. "Rene, maybe you should lay down. You've been drinking and you know how you get when you drink." "Don't tell me what you want me to do."

"Okay, then I'm going to get something to eat." Janet left the den and went to the kitchen. She started to prepare something to eat. After ten minutes, her phone came flying past her.
"JANET!" She ran into the living room and saw Rene pacing around.

"What is it, Rene?"

"So you're performing again. After I specifically told you not to." Fear ran through Janet's body. She didn't know how to respond and to be honest, she didn't want to. "When were you going to tell me?" Janet stayed quiet. "Or were you going to tell me?" She just looked at him. "ANSWER ME!"

"I was going to tell you but I was going to wait until the right time." Rene walked up to Janet.

"You are to not go, do you understand me?" Janet just stood in silence. "DO YOU UNDERSTAND?!"

"But I have to go. It's an important event."

"Go and see what happens." Rene walked off towards the bathroom and slammed the door. Janet went upstairs to the bedroom and began to change her clothes. She no longer had an appetite. After getting changed, Janet heard Rene stomping up the stairs. When he got to Janet, she looked down and saw why he was upset. "Rene, listen..."

"You're pregnant? When did this happen?"

"Three months ago."

"Then it's settled. You're not doing anymore music. You have to stay home and take care of my child."

"But..."

"No buts." They stood in silence for a few minutes before something dawned on Rene. "Wait a minute..three months?"

"Yeah." That's when it hit Rene. He grabbed Janet by her arm and started dragging her. "What are you doing?"

"We're going to get you an abortion." Janet snatched away.

"NO!" Rene tried to grab Janet again but she fought him off."

"Janet, let's go."

"NO!"

Secret Loveजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें