Chapter 27

It had been two weeks since Janet and Toni's interview with Robin Roberts and it was still the most talked about topic everywhere. While there were still negative comments, naturally from religious nuts and insecure men, mostly everyone was happy for the couple. They even received several engagement gifts from Beyonce and Jay-Z, Steve Harvey, Diana Ross, even the President sent them a gift. Toni was on a high ever since she came out, so many people wanted to design her wedding dress but Toni wanted to wait until she went shopping first, which is what she was currently doing. She stepped out of the dressing room to show her mother, Janet's mother, and their sisters. When they saw it, they all went crazy.

"Oh my gosh."

"Toni, you look beautiful." She spun around a few times and looked in the mirror. When she saw herself, she pictured Janet's face when she saw it. Katherine and Evelyn came and stood next to her.

"Baby, I am so happy for you. You were never this happy when you were planning for you and Keri's wedding." said Evelyn.

"I'm just so excited for you guys." said Katherine.

"I think it's really hitting me. I'm going to marry her and we're going to spend the rest of our lives together." Toni smiled.

"That means we best friends for life Kathy." said Evelyn.

"You know it girl." They high fived.

"Excuse me." They all turned around and saw one of the employees. "We are ready to do the dress fitting for the mothers of the brides." Katherine and Evelyn cheered and followed the guy. LaToya and Tamar came up to Toni.

"Girl, I can't believe you are marrying my sister. We needed more sisters in this family. Right Rebbs?"

"You ain't lying."

"Okay, okay. While the mothers are gone...." Toni led Tamar and LaToya to the couches to sit down. "......Tamie, dish on what's going on with you and Michael." The ladies got excited waiting for Tamar to talk.

"So, we've gone out a few times. Super secluded of course. He was such a gentleman."

"Where'd y'all go?" asked Trina.

"He set up this beautiful rooftop dinner with a five-course meal from an exclusive private chef. Then we watched a movie. He had a big screen put up there. It was so romantic."

"Oh girl, I'm jealous," said Towanda.

"Girl that ain't it. He revamped my whole wardrobe. I came home and there were truck loads of clothes, shoes, purses, jewelry, and makeup."

"Man, these Jackson really know how to spoil someone don't they." said Toni.

"You got that right. He's even given me full access to use one of his private jets."

"Okay, where can I order a Janet or Michael?" asked Trina. Everyone laughed.

"I know girl, I have never been this happy in a relationship. He listens to me, treats me like a queen, and he checks up on me all the time. You know he even took the time out to read some of my lyrics and listen to my songs. He thinks they'll be a hit."

"Foreal?!" 

"Yeah. He wants to set me up with some producers but I'm still thinking about it."

"Why? Girl this is your dream." said Towanda.

"I know but it's something about being with him. There's a part of me wondering if singing was my true dream. Being with him and watching you and Janet plan the wedding, is making me think that having love was the dream."

"Okay, how about this, meet with the producers and just get the feel of it. If it feels natural for you to be there, then that's where you're meant to be. Also, you have to remember that you can have more than one dream." said Toni. Tamar thought for a minute.