Chapter 5

Janet opened her eyes and saw that she was in the hospital. It was a surreal experience because the last thing she remembered was laying on the floor in her house. She looked around and saw all the machines and tubes then instantly got scared. Looking down she saw the nurse button. She pressed it and not too long after two nurses and a doctor came into the room. "Hello, Ms. Jackson. How are you feeling?" It took Janet a minute to answer because she felt weak. "I feel very weak." Her voice came out really raspy and hoarse.

"Well, that's because you lost a lot of blood. Luckily, we had a nurse here that was willing to donate blood to you before you lost too much." Janet felt a spring of joy and slowly sat up in her bed. "Well tell her I said thank you and I appreciate it."

"I will." Janet was smiling and happy until something dawned on her.

"How's the baby?" She looked at the doctor and his face said everything she needed to hear. "It's gone isn't it?"

"I'm sorry." Janet started to cry. She wasn't surprised she lost her baby but it still hurt.

"Umm Ms. Jackson. There's a visitor here saying he knows you personally."

"Uhhh sure let him in." Janet looked up and saw Roger running towards her with her mother.

"Oh my lord, my baby." Janet's mother hugged her and kissed her on her forehead. "I'm so happy you're okay.

"Janet I'm so sorry. I feel like it's my fault." said Roger.

"Why do you think that?"

"If I hadn't pushed you to do this concert next month, then he wouldn't have hurt you." Katherine went and sat down.

"Roger, he would've hurt me anyway."

"What is this I'm hearing? Are you no longer sticking up for him?"

"Nope. After losing my baby because of him I'm completely done with him."

"Wait! Not the baby?"

"Oh yeah I lost the baby because Rene beat me so bad."

"Aww baby I'm sorry."

"It's okay."

"Did he know it wasn't his?"

"Wasn't his?"

"Yeah the baby wasn't his because......" Janet explained to her mother what had happened with her husband and the conception of her baby.

"Oh my god. Wow. Well thank you for sharing that." Though her mother was in shock, she supported her daughter one hundred percent. The room fell into silence before Roger broke it.

"Janet we don't have to do this concert if you don't want we can cancel to give you more time to heal."

"Wow perfect timing." The doctor walked into the room. "I was just coming to talk about recovery time."

"Great. How long does she have to wait to perform?"

"Well all together it will take two months to fully recover..."

"Aww no." said Roger.

"...but she should be able to perform after a few weeks, just nothing too excessive."

"Good."

"When can I go home?"

"Well you can go home tomorrow but you have to take it easy until your performance."

"Awesome. Thank you doctor."

"No problem." The doctor left out of the room and I turned to my mother. "Mother can I come home with you tomorrow. I have no place to go except my house and I'm definitely not going there." Katherine came to the side of the bed and hugged her daughter.