Chapter 2

"Hey girlies." Toni walked into the rehearsal studio, where her sisters were already preparing for the show that was coming up. She sat her purse down and went to give her sisters air kisses. "Hey Tone."

"You're late miss thang." Of course Tamar with her usual loudness was about to annoy Toni for being late to rehearsal. "I know Tamie. I had to do some things with Denim and Diezel." Toni didn't hear a response so she turned around and saw smiles on her sisters' face. "Don't you guys dare."

"Toni's always late." The sisters began singing their usual song for Toni while she stood with her hands over her eyes. The girls broke off into four-part harmony while the band began playing music to go along with the lyrics. "Okay guys! That's enough." The singer stood up with her hands in the air and began to make her way to her place. The other sisters finally stopped singing and they got into their positions as well. "Let's take it from the top of 'Unbreak My Heart,' okay?"

"Sure girlie." The band played the intro and Toni got into her feelings.

"Don't leave me in all this pain. Don't leave me out in the rain." As she was singing, tears began to fall down her face. She began to think about the pain that she has been through in her life both past and current. "Unbreak my heart. Say you love me again. Undo this hurt you caused when you walked out the door and walked out of my life." She managed to make it through the whole song but quickly ran to the bathroom when it was over. Grabbing a paper towel, she began to dab the tears away. Right when she went to open the door, there was Towanda standing on the other side of the door. "What is it Umba?"

"What are you crying about?"

"Nothing just thinking about the past relationships and stuff."

"So there's nothing going on with you and your boo bump."

"No there's nothing going on." Towanda looked at Toni a little longer before walking away. Toni went back out to the rehearsal area prepared to face the many questions.

"Hey Toni are you okay girl?"

"Yeah you had some serious crierization going on."

"I'm fine guys. Just thinking and getting in the moment." Toni got back into her position and made it through the rest of the rehearsal. After rehearsal she went home and prepared to go back out with her sisters. The good thing was she would be able to surprise her husband because they got out of rehearsal earlier than expected. She began to undress to take a shower but she heard her front door open. She quickly put her clothes back on before running to greet her husband. What she saw when she got down there she was shocked, so she turned around and went back upstairs to change her clothes. She freshened up in the sink, put on her new set of clothes and left out of the back door. While heading to her car she saw her husband chasing after her. Speeding up she managed to get to her car and drive off before he made it to her. Tears began to roll down her face while driving. They were so bad, she had to pull over and get herself together. It took her a good ten to fifteen minutes before she was good enough to start driving again.

Making it to the restaurant, she went to the hostess and she showed her to the table, where her sisters were waiting for her. "TONI! You are late." Of course Tamar was the first to say something. Toni slammed down in her chair. "Tamar I'm not in the mood for your attitude."

"Whoa, what's with you?" Toni was not in the mood to be annoyed by her sister. She just wanted to eat and go to a hotel. "Nothing. I don't want to talk about it."

"Is this the same thing that went on during rehearsal."

"No."

"Then what is it? Cause girl you are being whack right now."

"TAMAR! PLEASE!" The sisters were shocked by Toni's outburst. Seeing as how Toni rarely shouts, it was a shock to her as well. Everyone was sitting in awkward silence as everyone was sipping their drinks. They were passing looks back and forth to each other before Toni finally spoke up. "Okay guys, I'm sorry. I'm just a little upset right now."

"Talk to us. We're your sisters." Of course Trina was being the loving and caring sister in the moment. Toni contemplated whether or not she should tell them what's going on. After a few minutes she decided to spill the beans. "Okay guys. I'll tell you but you have to promise to not go over the top and be upset because I'm already upset."

"No promises," said Tamar.

"We'll try," said Towanda.

"Thank you." Toni took a deep breath before talking. "Okay so I went home after rehearsal and began to get ready for our dinner here. I was all ready to surprise Keri because I got home earlier than expected. However, when I heard him come in and I went downstairs, he was all hugged and kissed up with some chick."

"OH HELL NAW!" Tamar instantly got upset.

"Are you sure?" asked Traci.

"Trust me. I saw it with my own two eyes." Toni felt the tears in her eyes as they began to fall. She covered her face and began to cry harder. "I mean I had my suspicions but I thought that was what it was, a suspicion. I never thought that would be true."

"Suspicions? You never told us this," said Towanda.

"I know but that's because I didn't want it to be true." Toni spent another few minutes crying while her sisters came around and comforted her. They gave her hugs and kisses before going back to their seats.

"Wait so where are you going to go tonight?" asked Tamar.

"To a hotel."

"Oh hell naw, you are coming to my house. I'll be damned if you go to a hotel while you only leave less than half an hour from me."

"Yeah go with us to Tay Tay's house. We can have a sisters' night," said Traci.

"Okay, I'll go."

"Yay. Spirit fingers."

"Let's toast to sisters' night."

"Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank. Clank." All the sisters toasted their signature toast.

"Wait! I don't have any clothes with me."

"I hear a shopping trip. Yay!"

"Okay girls let's go." Toni stood up to walk away but was quickly stopped.

"Toni we need to talk."

"Keri?"

"OH HELL NAW!"