Chapter 41

Skylar's POV

Today is the day. The weeding day. God, I'm so nervous and it's not even my weeding. When we went dowstairs, Chiara, Sofia and Lena had to make fun of me and the noises I was making last night, which made my face become red as a tomato. Fortunately, Ace commented that they weren't that quiet yesterday either, and we all burst into laughter. Despite the fact how weird or annoying they can be sometimes, I do love all those people.

I brought a black dress with me, and I wasn't entirely sure if it's a good colour for the weeding but I felt relieved when Laura said that she was going to wear a black one as well. Apropos Laura, I really needed to talk to her. She seemed like her mind was elsewhere all the time. We all were now sitting at the table and eating breakfast.

I was sitting next to Ace, whose hand was resting on my thigh under the table. Laura wasn't herself, I could see that. She was chewing on her cheek, and barely ate anything.

Okay, that's enough

I stood up and came up to her, putting my hand on her shoulder.

"Come with me for a second, please."

We excused ourselves and went up to my and Ace's room. When we were inside, I took her hands in mine and looked at her with concern written on my face.

"What's wrong?"

She was looking at me for a few seconds and I thought that she was going to cry. She bit down on her lip and took a deep breath.

"I think I'm pregnant." Lena said quickly that I hardly understood it at all. "I forgot to take my pill once, but it was only once! Oh God...what will I do, Sky? How am I supposed to raise this child? And how the fuck am I supposed to tell Marco? What if-"

"Shh, it's okay. Breathe." I wrapped my arms around her, giving her a tight hug. "You don't know it yet. Besides, if you really are pregnant, it's not the end of the world. I'll help you, your parents will help you, and I'm one hundret percent sure that Marco will be over the Moon, when he finds out."

I put my hands on her wet cheeks and kissed her forehead.

I was shocked when she told me the news but I tried to keep my cool, not to add to her stress. Lena said that she bought three pregnancy tests, so we went to the bathroom. While we were waiting for the results, she was pacing around the room, bitting her nails nervously. I have no idea what I would do if I were in her shoes. Child is a very serious thing and there are many obligations involved. She will manage though. Together with Marco. I'm more than sure.

After 5 minutes, I grabbed the tests, because Lena asked me to do this, and when I saw the results, I looked up at her, smiling.

"All three are positive. Bitch, you're going to be a mum." I came up to her, giving her a hug.

She started crying but I think this time those were happy tears. It is such an incredible moment when a woman finds out that she is carrying a baby inside her stomach. She can bring a new life into this world.

When Laura finally calmed down, it was time to tell Marco. She was so tensed but that conversation was inevitable. We walked downstairs and she asked him to go outside so they could talk. Marco seemed quite confused and apprehensive because he obviously noticed her weird behaviour.

They went to the garden and I run up to the railing on the tarrace. It's not that I was worried about his reaction because I know how much he loves her, but people react differently to such news.

"What are you doing?"

I heard Ace's voice behind me. I glanced at him briefly until my gaze was on Laura and Marco again.