Chapter 6

Skylar's POV

"What the fuck was that? What was he doing here? And...princess, huh?" Laura smirked at me and I blushed.

"He...We uhm bumped into each other when I was walking out of the shop." I replied and we both sat on the couch in the living room.

She hummed in response and added "And these red cheeks of yours are caused by..."

She was smiling mischievously at me. I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but giggle slightly.

"We uhm...kissed." I said, looking down on my knees, but I didn't try to hide a tiny smile which appeared on my face. I felt happy.

"Ohh, my baby is growing."

She pretended to wipe off a nonexistent tear from her cheek and I rolled my eyes.

"Oh, shut up!" I threw a pillow at her and we both laughed. "I thought you were going to stay the night at Alex's."

Her smile dropped a little, and she sighed.

"My dump ass decided to do what you suggested and I asked him if he wanted to be in a real relationship. Then, we got in a little fight."

She glanced down at her hands which were situated on her legs. I moved closer to her.

"I'm sorry Laura. I shouldn't have said that."

I felt guilty. I always mess everything up.

"No, stop it. That's not your fault. I was going to ask him about it anyway because I was starting to be sick of this whole situation." She said and was playing with her fingers.

"To cheer you up-" I took my last doughnut and gave it to her "here, take my last doughnut. I bought you two, but Ace ate them."

A weak smile formed on her lips.

"Skylar, that thing which is between you two...just be careful. Okay?"

It won't happen again. We just can't. I can't. But I smiled at her and nodded anyway so she doesn't have to worry.

*******

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm. I groaned loudly into a pillow and turned it off. It was Monday today. I hate Mondays. Is there anyone who actually likes them? I rolled out of my bed and went to the bathroom. I washed my face, did my make-up and went back to my room to get dressed.

My today's outfit consisted of black, baggy trousers, white, long-sleeved blouse and a black pair of vans. My brown hair fell loosely on my shoulders. It now reaches almost to my belly button. I don't even know when it grew like that. I made my way to the kitchen to make some breakfast. Laura had already left.

Today's classes have been rather boring. It wasn't my best day and I was feeling not so great. I was lucky that I had some classes with Flynn though. He made it quite bearable. I was walking through the corridor when I heard my name being called out.

"Skylar!"

I turned around and saw Jacob, breathing rapidly.

"Hi!"

"Hi. You walk really fast." He laughed trying to steady his breathing.

"So I've been told." I smiled at him softly.

"How's your day?" He asked, while we were walking towards the entrance together.

"Uhm pretty boring. How's yours?"

"Same. You're going home now?"

"Yeah."

When we stepped outside he stopped before me and asked "Maybe we could go for a walk or something?" He made a step forward putting my hair behind my ear.