Chapter 21

Alpha Lady Luna

Once Santana and the others joined us, along with McCain's pack, we all stood staring at a laughing McClain. The looks on some of his pack members' faces told me that they weren't aware that their leader had teamed up with the enemy. It was enough for me to know that they weren't apart of this mess.

"Where's my son?" I took a step forward.

"In the pits, where he should be."

"McCain, if you did something to my son," I said.

"It wouldn't matter because you and I were destined to be together." He smiled a victory smile.

I clenched my fists at her side. I couldn't believe he was working with that witch. They had hurt my son, and now he expected me to fall into his arms. No way. Besides I already rejected him. He should have moved on by now.

"Who do you think is the cause of all this?" Ashton spread his arm out to his side. The bitterness in his voice wasn't hard to miss.
"You. The woman who rejected me. My true mate."

"It's not like you were going to stay faithful to her," said Santana.

"Betas shouldn't speak when they aren't spoken to," McClain growled out.

"It's a good thing, he isn't just my beta." I took another step forward. I was hoping to get close enough to him so I could at least hit him hard enough to knock him out. I don't have time for a full scale fight with him. What mattered most was my son.

"You're mine, Lady, whether you want to hold to that fact or not. And I'm not about to let you go."

"You will give me back my child or I will rip you and everything here apart."

"Oh, would you now?" Ashton takes a step towards me. "Have you forgotten who's territory you are on?"

"Have you forgotten that I'm an alpha too?"

"No, I haven't. Which is why you will reject your position and you will submit to me."

"Only in your dreams." Santana was quick to say.

"No." Ashton gaze flicker to Santana. "That's not how this works, unfortunately. I have the boy. Either Lady submits and mates with me or the boy dies at my command."

"Tell me, Ashton-" Lady took a few steps towards Ashton. "-Just how are you going to make me form a bond with you when I rejected you?"

"I have my ways."

"She won't hold up her end of the deal."

"I don't know what you are talking about."

"Giovanna, is using you. She can't give you what you want. She can't give you me."

"I still don't know what you are talking about."

"Just give me my son back and we will leave this town."

"No. You're mine. You're not going anywhere."

I shook her head. Did she managed to brain wash this guy or did she have him under her control? As far as I know, alphas are usually hard to control, so she must have a hold on him some way. He almost looked a bit different like a darker version of himself.

"I did this for you. You want me, but because of him and that brat, you rejected me. I'll make sure that doesn't stop us."

"McCain. No. Please."

"Mine." Ashton eyes darkened. "You're mine and I won't let go. I'll kill before that happens."

"You won't do anything to my family," Santana said, shifting and charging toward Ashton.

"Santana." I bite back, following behind him.

Ashton smirked getting in a defense position. "Sorry. Lady will be mine. One way of another."

Everything happened so slowly. Santana had managed to get in a few swings with Ashton dodging them effortlessly. Ashton had this wicked smile on his face as he pulled back his left hand. His claws coming out just seconds before he pushed his clawed hand into Santana's gut. I heard Santana groan and watched him get a hold of the hand embedded.

"Lady. Is. Mine." Ashton told Santana. He then pulled his hand out. Santana dropped to the ground.

No.

"No!"

Members from both packs gathered around the fallen body. I was one of the few who came to Santana's side. He laid on the ground a weak smile on his lips as he looked into my eyes. Haven begin to work on stopping the blood by pressing down on his wound hard.

"Go. I got him," Haven said to me. I looked at Santana again and nodded, getting to my feet.

"It takes an alpha to do what a bunch of wild mutts and a witch couldn't do. I always knew I was the strongest."

"No, McClain. You're not strong." I glared at him. "You're weak. You couldn't even survive a simple rejection. Look at yourself. You're hardly recognizable."

Ashton rolled his eyes. To me, he looked like an angry bull. One who was to used to getting this way that he didn't know how to stop being the way he was. Make one wonder just how he managed to become an alpha in the first place.

"If I'm so weak, how come I'm the one holding all the cards." He took a step back.

"Lady. You will be mine or dead along with your pack." To his pack, he said: "Kill them."

No one moved.

"What is this?" Ashton looked at his pack. Through his look, he was encouraging them to take action.

"We're done. Ashton." Maximum stepped from the crowd and stood looking at Ashton. "The pack doesn't follow your rule anymore. We're done being treated like obedient dogs and we're done listening to you."

"You'll go against me at a time like this!"

"Even your pack knows you've changed." I told him, earning a glare from my ex-mate.

"It's fine because I have something better." He whistled a sharp note. From inside a room, more werewolves came. There were a total of thirty, and they looked anything but nice.

They were dressed in black, skin tight outfits. They wore neutral expressions and held themselves like soldiers behind Ashton.

"My elite team." Ashton said, gesturing to his team. "I've effectively took the strongest infants and trained them up to become my strongest force when I was just a twelve year old. Maximum, you remember when I told you I wanted to create a strong team. Well this is them."