Chapter 17

Beta Santana Vasquez

With convincing Lady to go back and see if the witches were able to get a lock on Cas, I was free to search in my own way. Midnight were only a few hours away, and I knew in my heart that my son was somewhere close.

"Can't believe we're really searching this spot again," Ceaser groans out, stretching his arms out in front of him. Unlike the others and myself, he was he decided to remain in his human form in case someone human came along and shot the daylights out of us.

We were back near the warehouse from a day ago. I couldn't ignore my instincts that told me he was here.

"Hey, Haven, Ceaser. I think I got something!"

Ceaser shifted, not concerned with the clothes that lay in pieces at his feet. Once he ran to my side, he barked and his tail began to wag while he held his nose to the ground. I couldn't help but notice because his nose shoved mine away.

When he picked up the same scent, he barked a few times and sprint off towards the warehouse. Haven barked, causing Ceaser to stop and look back at her.

"His scent. It leads to that warehouse." Ceaser shouted in our heads.

Haven looked at me. "The very one you first saw? "

"Yeah. I didn't smell him than." I could see the gears turned in her head as she pondered this new development.

"Why can we smell him now and not then?"

"Yea, why now? Come on." I took the lead, and together we moved in an triangle formation towards the building.

As we ran, I caught the stench of some strange gas. A gas that reminded me more of fireworks or more dangerous. Spinning on my front legs, I faced my small pack. A few barks had them stopping also. Turning around, I sniffed the air. The others, in turned, followed my action. I could feel their curiosity in the air. They began to take steps forward.

"Guy, hold up! Danger. You smell that?"

"What? It's just a fire." Ceaser shook his fur out.

Haven shook her head and jumped up using only her front legs. "Yea. I don't trust it."

I nodded my head. Something was up, my instincts were telling me that if we got closer we could be running right into a trap. I'm not willing to get into a confrontation without some sort of help. A few wolves isn't nothing compared to whatever is waiting just a head.

Then again, I'm strong enough to take on at least four bodies. My kid is in there. Risking only my life wouldn't be bad. I mean, at least, I'll know whether Ghost is in there or not.

"I know what you are thinking, Santana. Don't." I felt Heaven's nose touch the side of my face.

"Look, if I get caught, you guys will know where to come get me, and if the place is empty, then nothing loss, nothing gain."

"Yea, but you said it yourself: something doesn't smell right in the air."

Looking back at the building, a wave of longing had me wishing I was faster. Faster, so I was in time before they kidnapped my son.

"Let's get back and get the pack. We may need Cloud and the others." Ceaser suggested already turning around.

Without another word, we head back.

Alpha Lady Luna

"Lady, we might have found him." Santana and the other came running into the house.

Hearing that had me stop looking at the map and hurrying to his side. My boy. He found my boy. "You did? Where?"

He nodded his head. "I caught his scent near a warehouse. It's lingering but I caught it."

"The thing is: we think an ambush is being set up." Haven took a few steps toward me.

"Yea, I didn't smell him earlier, but now, it's like his scent is barely there to lure us or someone else," Santana added, "I'm pretty sure it's us."

"We can't charge in there using brute force. Could be dangerous," Caesar was quick to say.

I thought about this for a few minutes, and than I looked up, meeting my friends' eyes. "So we plan our attack."

The hours passed quickly with discussing the plan to approach the warehouse. By nine o'clock, my warriors were divided into three teams.

Team A was being lead by myself. Team B was Santana's group, and Haven lead Team C. The last group were the Team Night, in which, the vampires was being lead by Cloud.

The plan was simple: retrieve Casper. Team Night were the first to go in and disabled any cameras and other tech devices. Plus, search for any onlookers or enemies waiting in ambush.Team A, B, and C were creep towards the warehouse, each covering an exit. 

Once the team's were assembled, we headed out towards the place, with Santana leading. We arrived to the spot and got into position.

Arriving, I noticed the warehouse looked worn and kind of broken down. Knowing that she may be apart of this, I suspected that magic was involved. Magic is the best tool to used when disguising people or items. If magic was involved than I'll have to find a way to counter. I wasn't as skilled with magic as the stronger witches in my pack, but I could hold my own in a fight against a magical being. It wasn't until we started to move when a vampire came flying toward us.

"Ambush! Ambush!"

Immediately, our guards were up. In the distance, we saw werewolves spilling out from the trees behind and to the side of the building. Some even coming from the warehouse.

I watched in silence indifferent. Those werewolves didn't look like rogues at all. No, they looked like members from McClain's pack. But why would McClain have his pack attack us?

Were my accusations right?

One look around told me that everyone was confused, and Santana was questioning the same thing. If McClain whole pack was behind this then we had a serious problem on our hands.

I took a deep breath. There was only one thing we could do, and one thing only. Letting out a battle cry, my teams charged forward. Each understanding the task: defeat the enemy.