Chapter 6

Alpha Lady Luna

Ashton narrowed his eyes and pressed his thin lips together. "You looking for a war because I have no idea what you're talking about?" Ashton crossed his arms.

Baring my teeth, I felt my hands clenching at my sides. He knew very well what I was talking about. I could see it in the way he was narrowing his eyes at me. "You have my son!" I growled out. At the same time, I launched at him. My right hand, which had grew claws in my over boiling rage, slashed across his face. "Give. Him. Back."

His head was turned to the side. Everyone around us was still. The air felt heavy and I was having a hard time breathing in my rage. Slowly, Ashton turned his head back to me. Three deep scratches were marked into his left cheek. I glared at him, not affected by the authority in his voice as he spoke.

"You're going to pay for that mate," He growls out slowly. His eyes were dark as I was sure mine were as well. With fast reflexes, he aimed to punch me.

To his dissatisfaction, Santana and Isis jumped in front of me, protecting me from Ashton's attack. At the same time, Maximus jumped in to hold Ashton back from attacking any further.

Ashton let out an angry roar. I noticed that Maximus whispered something into his alpha's ear, causing Ashton to relax slightly.

This is my chance! I moved to go around Santana to take another swing at the man who took my pride and joy away, only to have Santana stop me.

"Move," I ordered.

"Cross that line and I won't hold back this time, mate!" Ashton warned out, baring his fangs in the process. My gaze darted to him.

I moved to defiant his threat. I had just gotten around my beta when I felt my body being lifted off the ground, by my waist. I was lifted into the air, and before I knew anything I was staring down at the ground. My body hovering over Santana's shoulder.

"Sorry Alpha McClain-" I heard Santana says in an overly cheerful tone."My alpha hasn't been herself, since our son," He emphasized on the word our. I could hear the pronouncing that he was claiming me as his in his voice. "Disappeared. You'll have to excuse her actions. We tracked his scent all the way here, and well do us a favor: keep an eye out for him?"

"Gladly." Was the only word I heard that man say.

"Right" Santana nodded his head once. "Let's be out." He turned, carrying me along with him away from the one man who has my Casper. I glared at his slowly shrieking figure. Before we were far enough, I just knew I saw a smile on Ashton McClain's lips.

Beta Santana Vasquez

"Let me go!" Lady struggled and beat against my back with her fists, but she knew I wasn't about to let her go.

Attacking another alpha like that was opening grounds for war. Something I knew wouldn't be any help at all in finding Casper, especially without any evidences that proved McClain had our kid.

We were back on pack's ground, when I turned to Isis."Ice. I want you and a few of the others to go looking around our land for any signs of my pup."

"Yes, Beta, but," Isis travels off as he gaze shifted to an enraged alpha.

I gave Lady a nice smack on her bottom.

She stilled and growled. "Hey!" she muttered through clenched teeth.

"I got her. Get going, bro," I told Isis with my best smile on my face. Isis looked as if he was unsure about carrying out my order, especially with our alpha yelling at him to kick my ass as she hung from over my shoulder. "Go. Gotta speak to baby's mama alone" I grinned.

Isis nodded his head and turned to lead the search for Casper, along with the others. I, in turn, carried Lady toward the creek nearby.

"Santana let me down." She tried twisting her way a loose. "He has him! I know he does." I remained quiet. She tried over and over to presuse me to let her down, but I ignored her.

When we came to the creek, I glanced around to make sure no one else was nearby to hear us. What I had to say to my lady wasn't meant for the entire pack to hear, especially since their beta will be talking over their alpha. Once I was sure no one was around I lowered Lady to the ground.

"No." I was quick to say when I saw her about to speak. "You're going to listen to me for a bit."

Lady crossed her arms over her chest in cooperation. I loved when she was angry and had that pouty look to match. She was my alpha, but I never could help finding her so beautiful when she's like this. However, I couldn't allow my affection for her to led my better judgement now.

"You were completely out of control back there, alpha. A war?" I shook my head once from side to side. "We can't risk a war with Alpha McCain's pack. We don't know for sure if he has our Ghost."

"He has him, Santana" She threw up her hands before dropping to her side. Her hands immediately becoming balls. "I know he does. I can feel it."

I approached her and pulled her into a hug. She grabbed my shirt in her hands. "We can't jump down McClain's throat like that, Mama."

Alpha Ashton McClain

Watching my mate go was like watching the very end of a football game, exciting and amusing. Her temper wasn't something I've expected to see until I've at least made an advanced on her.

Collen paced back and forth in an unsettling agitation. His mate just treated him as if he was her underlying.

"Make sure they all left our territory." The order I gave was to Maximus.

Maximus turned to me. "So serious, man. I'm sure they went back to theirs."

A growl erupted from my throat. Turning to my beta, I gazed deeply into his eyes. Colleen was clearly drive my words and actions. "I said make sure they left my land. I didn't ask for your remarks."

Maximus dropped his head and took a step back. "Right, Alpha. I'll get on that," he spoke in a submissive voice. Than he gestured for a few other members to join him, before they started off after Luna's pack.

After instructing the remaining of my pack to head back to the pack's grounds, I walked further into the forest.

It wasn't long before I felt like someone was watching me. Coming to a stop, I listened far and wide. Their was a stillness all around me. Breathing in and out through my nose did nothing to relaxed the angry wolf within me. So, I closed my eyes.

A rodent scurried somewhere off in the distance. Birds flew over my head, and tan I felt it: the lightest of touches.

"Grrrrr." The body I slammed against a tree had tensed under my grip.

"You looking to die?" I opened my eyes. My gaze coming in connect with the gray eyes of an woman. A beautiful woman. Long black wavy hair framed her moon shaped face. She had pale skin, but not pale white. Her lips were full and pulled back in a alluring smile that only made me want to kiss them, despite Collen's disgust.

"I'll thought you of all people would recognize me, Alpha McClain," she purred in a sweet voice.

"I don't. Wished I did, but I don't. Talk."

She giggled once between closed lips. "You know me as the one to get you your Lady"

My eyes narrowed, and I loosened my grip. "And you show yourself now?"

She pushed herself forward slightly under my grip. Her eyes dancing with an mysterious, seductive spark. "Because I wanted to personality give you the news that your little bait is secured. I can take you to see him, if you want, Alpha"