Chapter 10

Alpha Lady Luna

School wasn't my main concern. Nor was remaining oblivion to the events that transpired over the last few hours.

It's been a day, since we received that box with Casper's hair inside. As a precaution, the younger children were pulled from school on grounds of having an contagious virus.

The words of that letter kept coming back to me. I couldn't figure out who would want to hurt me.

"Where's Santana?" I ask, turning to face her close friends. Friends that has been comforting during this trying ordeal.

"With a few of the others." Haven fans her face with looked like a magazine. "Said he didn't want to miss anything in case he ran into Cas's scent." She looks up at the sky. The sun had just disappeared behind a cloud, but Haven still seem annoyed. I could see her using a spell later to change the weather a bit.

"We scan the whole area, and even track their scent as far as we could. I don't understand why we haven't came up on anything." I fold my arms over my chest to keep from squeezing my nails into my palm. Breaking skin has become an outlet for my pen up frustration, lately.

Isis, leaning against the building to out next class, retrieve his lighter from his Jean pocket while his reaches into his shirt pocket for a cigarette. "I'm thinking we look on the west side. We haven't tried there yet anyway."

"I could have Seth check with the local police force here. He's good with gathering information, and we do need a map of this place and information on everyone here." Blac adds, looking to Haven who stood beside him.

"It's strange. We can't feel the connection with him." Haven says quietly causing everyone to lower their gazes.

She has a point. Why couldn't I or Santana feel Casper? We are his parents. We should be able to feel him, since we were his closest kindred. I filed that information away for later.

"An that letter.." Haven trails off.

"Not much of a scent. Which means it could be someone who has learned to mask their scent as we have, a magical being, or one of our formal traitors."

"Think it's Roman?" Blac looks up, meeting my gaze. His own reflecting the anger and sorrow that always came with Roman's name sliding off his lips.

"I don't think so, but I don't know."

"Looky look," says a Caucasian male, who when by the name of Nick, stopping centimeters from us. "These 'no ones' are still here."

"Though they got the message during gym," Keith, an African American male, says, looking over at Haven. He stood to the right of Nick. A amused smile on his face.

Blac and Isis steps in front of us, instinct telling them to protect the females from potential danger.

'What happened during gym?' I ask Haven.

'These dumbbells thought it was funny to grope my rear, and I sock the one on the right real good. They started to gang on me, and Blac came to my rescue. They were stopped by the professor. Bottom line, Blac got ban, and they got off. Looks like the professor is one of theirs.'

"Make a move, tough guy. I dare you." Keith took a step closer to Blac. At the same time, Blac took one towards Keith.

'Blac stand down. He's not worth it.'

"What's going on here?" Maximus says, coming up from behind the two males.

"Your boys starting trouble with us." Blac says, never breaking eye contact with Keith.