Chapter 18

Alpha Lady Luna

The werewolves spilled from the building like shattered ants. We charged forward, meeting them midway. Some of my pack members partial shifting seconds before landing a punch at their opponent.

The shouts and cries from both my pack and enemies mixed into one cluttered noise while the fighting continued. Being near the end of my pack, I saw the battle unfolded before my eyes. I watched my family used their skills, matching each punch for punch.

They could handle themselves. That's the only thought I could believe in, for now. I knew my family and friends had prepared numerous times for occasions such as this, yet I was never able to stop myself from feeling this intense fear of losing someone. Fights between werewolves were gruesome, more so than wars between humans.

Unfortunately, my gawking was interrupted by the oncoming presence of a person running my way. Recognizing her as one of McClain's pack members, I was quick to get into a defense position.

"I knew it. McClain is behind it all!"

My opponent neither confirmed nor denied my accusation. Instead, she aimed a punch directly at my face. Avoiding was easy. Having fought many fights, I could make out my opponents moves before she could even throw them. I finished my fight in a few minutes, only to be confronted by another.

This constant pattern went on until the stench changed. After defeating my previous opponent, I noticed that not many were attacking me. One look around told me a new development had taken place while I fought.

Rogues. Rogue wolves were spilled from the surrounding forestry area. The battle cries that sounded seem to be coming from members from both my pack and McClain. If I had to use a word to describe this new change, it would be confusion, utter confusion.

McClain's pack had stopped attacking us in favor of attacking the rogues. All I could make out were bodies moving in various directions. I caught the smell of smoke and gunpowder. My pack mates were fighting with their everything, yet something felt off. I could hear Santana, somewhere behind me, shouting at me about making a run for the building. 

Santana, and the others ran in front of me, attacking anyone who wasn't pack. Seeing their formation to clear a path for me and my team, I sprinted forward, whistling for my team mates to follow. Together we ran toward the building.

If McClain was apart of this, where is he?

Before I could reach the building, a bulk male cut off my path. Fighting was a sure thing because a wicked smile spread across the other's face. Once again on the defense, I muttered a curse and dash forward.

After ten minutes of nonstop fighting, I managed to defeat another opponent just as my beta came running up to me.

"Lady, I got a good smell of  him. He's definitely in there." Santana was breathing hard from running no doubt.

"We need to hurry." Leaping over the fallen body, I ran forward.

We ran forward until the familiar smell of the one person I loathe came to me. Coming to a hasty stop, I glared ahead of me.

"What is it?" Santana asked looking from side to side in search of a upfront threat.

Around me, fighting continued as if nothing was happening, but in front of me was where things were slightly different. Although the fighting was happening around me, in front of me was an opening. An opening in which the fighters seem to fought around without notice.

Santana inched closer to me. "What is it, Luna?"

"Her. Can't you feel her?" Inside of me, I could feel the dark magic in this area. The only different is this magic had an eerie feeling. One that I knew well.

Giovanna.

"So you do remember me, mutt?" The form of a dark-haired, purple-eyed, youthful woman appeared out of thin air. She stood before me, glaring hard.

"Giovanna."

Giovanna Bonanno, a witch, was the lover of Acheron Donn, a powerful vampire. He was a vampire who preyed on werewolf blood and kept werewolves in slavery.  Acheron had a crush on my mother, and so he had my father killed, so he could be with her.

An escape attempt were occurring when I loss both her parents that night. My mother put a toddler me somewhere safe in the forest while she fought Acheron. The thing was: both were users of magic. Their powers caused an explosion that resulted in my mother's death and my forgetfulness. Years later, Archron was killed by me. Giovanna had vowed to kill me since then.

"Did you enjoy my letters?" The amusement in her voice were mocking.

"You're behind this." I heard Santana growl beside me.

"I rather enjoyed that boy of yours. So much, that he will be remembering me for some time now," she said, grinning.

"I'll kill you!"

"What you took of mine will be repaid, mutts."

Just as I started toward her, Santana placed his hand on my shoulder.

"I'll handle the witch."

"You're sure, Santana?" I didn't want to leave him to face this magical being. There was no telling what magical thing she could do to him. Plus, her vengeance was against me and not him.

"Go get our kid. The witch is mine."

I watched him stepped in front of me. I didn't miss the dissatisfaction look on  Giovanna's face. Maybe it was better to leave her to him. Santana could handle himself, and he had Cloud with him.

Nodding I took off, breaking the field barrier on my way.

Team B should be at the entry. I'll group up with them and go from there.

With a gesture, I motion my team to follow. It wasn't long before we merged with the other team. We fought and pushed our way through. The closer we came to the building, the stronger these rogues seem to become.

And than it happened. An explosion goes off to the right of the building. For a few minutes, everyone paused in their fighting. Taking my opponent by surprise I managed to land an knockout. He went down quick. Once more, the fighting continued.

Panting, I turned around, searching for the place where the explosion came from. Black fog rose from one side of the building. It looked like that was the area she had just left. The area near where Santana and his team were heading towards.