Chapter 12: Back to Hogwarts

When my eyes slowly open the hospital room is lit by the sunlight. I slowly turn onto my other side. Cedric was already awake and reading The Bridge to Terabithia. As soon as I turned over he put the book down.

"Hey how did you sleep?" he asks, wrapping his arms around me. I nuzzle my face into his chest and smile softly.

"Fine," I say. I'm still a little shaken from the bad dream before but much better.

"Good we have to get ready to leave," he says

"Just five more minutes" I mumble into his chest.

"Fine, only five more" he lays back down and I curl up next to him and wrap my arms around his torso. I rest my head on his chest again. We both must have fallen asleep because when we woke up it was Professor McGonagall waking us up.

"Ms. Black, Mr. Diggory wake up, we have to be leaving in an hour" she shakes me awake gently. I open my eyes and see Professor McGonagall.

"Er uh erm I was just- er" I quickly moved away from Cedric into the chair next to the bed. I feel my face go scarlet. "Erm- well- er you see I er-"

"I did not see anything nor do I have a problem with it" McGonagall replies smiling. "we are leaving in promptly one hour so pack up"

"Exactly what stuff?" Cedric asks laughing "we didn't bring much"

"Fine then go for a walk" she leaves. I could feel that I was still pink in the face

I turn back to Cedric who says "you're so cute when you're embarrassed" I turn even more red.

"I know I'm an awkward mess" I say laughing

"I think it's adorable how awkward you are," he says, kissing my forehead. "Don't change that it's one of the many things I love about you" he pulls me into a long hug. "Now are we ready to get ready now?" he asks

"I guess" I say, not wanting to pull away from the hug. When Cedric pulls away to get ready I feel a rush of cold air.

Cedric heads for the bathroom and I get up and start going through my things. I throw my book, jumper, and all the letters I've gotten into a plastic bag given to us by the healers. Cedric comes out of the bathroom and I go in. I brush my hair and straighten my clothes. I throw my brush in the bag as well. By the time I finished packing up we had half of an hour left of waiting. We decided to buy some sweets and food for the ride. I bought a bottle of butterbeer, a chocolate frog, droobles best blowing gum, a bottle of pumpkin juice, a pumpkin pastie, some fizzing whizbees, a couple licorice wands and a sandwich. Cedric got the same as me. I stuffed my food and drinks into my bag and after waiting for what felt like forever we headed off for Kings cross station. Once we got there we boarded the train and found a compartment. It didn't matter what compartment so we chose the one closest to the bathroom and the trolley.

"What side do you want princess" Cedric asks stepping in to the compartment

"I don't care, I'll take this side." I say sitting down on one side of the compartment.

"Great so I'll take this side" I thought he was going to sit across from me but instead he sat right next to me. "It's going to be a long way," he says, unpacking his food.

"Not as long as the way here. I had nothing to do and I was worried sick" I say

Cedric wraps an arm around my shoulder and says "Well I'm here for this one" he leans up against the wall next to the window and pulls me to his side. I lift my feet to the seat, bending my knees a little so they can fully fit on the seat. I rest my head on the side of his chest and he puts his arm on my side. I picked up the bridge to Terabithia again and read it aloud. I was reading the ending when my favorite character died. I know that she is going to die but it's still really sad for me. While reading it I started crying silently. Originally Cedric doesn't notice but I sniffle and wipe a tear from my chin before it could reach the paper.