Chapter 17 - The Past, Going Home (Kaden POV)

A/N: NOT EDITED.

Chapter 17 - The Past, Going Home (Kaden POV)

I never realized just how children expressed their emotions until we were on my plane, and Sawyer demanded that she had to sit next to Tristan and until Tristan demanded himself that he sit next to either Etta or I, so that we wouldn't leave. I'm not too sure how we would leave when the plane was flying in the air, but to ease his sudden ire, I sat next to him, while Sawyer went on his other side. John and Sean helping Etta with Ree, Morgan, Vivian and Myles. Before we were in the sky for an hour all the children were asleep, giving Etta and I time to talk, with John.

"Is everything ready?" I asked knowing that furniture and food had already arrived at the new house, and craving order I needed to make the plan in my head. Scrunching his forehead and eyes together, John shook his head. "No, I think - and Etta agreed, you guys would set up their rooms together with them," I turned to Etta.

She nods, "It's - it'll help them feel like it's their space, making it how they want, putting things how they want it, Kaden," she whispered my name even though I had yet to be Kaden in months - especially with the kids around.

Looking into her eyes I could see we were thinking the same thing, "When do you think we should tell Sawyer and Tristan?" the words echoing my own thought, as I believed.

"After we get their rooms up and livable?"

She nodded, "Do we have the paint at the house too?" thinking of the pink, aqua, and light blue colors the older kids had picked to paint their rooms. For the rest of the ride, I laid my head back, just at complete peace with how everything was working out right now. We had left someone to monitor the Bradley's as well as someone to monitor Margo specifically because there was just something about her that rubbed me the wrong way and these days I went with my gut.

During our landing, we went slowly waking all the kids, since Sawyer and Tristan didn't want to miss a thing about where we were going to live. To them, after living in New York, I knew the island life would be completely different, but Myles, Vivian, Ree and Morgan were already accustomed to it.

"It's so green," Sawyer yawned out, peeking out of her window, camera already in her hand ready to take pictures for her new album the Bradley's gave her to fill with all her pictures. She was right though, from the view we had now, the vegetation was bright various shades of green.

"Sawyer and I our rooms are next to each other though right?" Tristan asked carefully, whispering, worrying his bottom lip.

I nodded, noting to myself that Tristan was a thinker, a worrier. He seemed to always be running everything over inside that mind of his, always wanting confirmation and thinking far beyond all other things, whereas Sawyer - she was a ball of energy - jumping moods and telling you how she felt when she felt it.

"Yes, Etta and I - our room is on the second floor, with the kitchen living room, dinning room and Ree and Morgan. You, Vivian, Myles and Sawyer your rooms are on the top floor, and your room is right next to Sawyers. Sawyers room is next to-"

"Mine." Vivian cried happily, smiling at her I nodded, before finishing, "And Myles is next to Vivian."

"Do you guys remember the people we said live in the house with us, to help your ma and I?" I asked.

"Yes, Mr. Cedrick and Mrs. Kate, Graham, Marco and Rascal, but they are older but they help," Sawyer replied while Tristan just nodded.

"They play with us - Marco and Rascal - and - and they take us hiking and swimming," Vivian started her story, "They are so much fun." I held in my snicker, Vivian liked them because those two boys would carry her anywhere they went, she never had to walk, she hated getting dirty... on one of the hikes I had taken with Etta, Myles and Vivian, she was carried up the mountain, and on the way down she sat on Rascals shoulders holding onto his hair. Feet never touched dirt. Even when we had the picnic, she walked around on the blanket.