Chapter 2 - Karma's A B!tch (Kaden POV)

The Past- Kaden 25 Years Old

I need you...

Where are you?

Why are you taking so long?

Please find me...

Walking into the hall I see Cain, my little brother and shame eats me alive, "I'm sorry," I whispered.

"Are you still?" he asked ignoring my apology. Taking my eyes off the floor I looked into his eyes and gave one sharp nod, which he returned.

"Me too."

I hadn't wanted anyone to come with me; I felt that this was something I needed to do this on my own.

"They know you slept with her," he said as I began packing. I just nodded my head once again and continued with packing.

Everything was planned but this changed everything. I had originally planned to come back but I knew the family would never accept her, the woman's voice I heard.

I had played around with one of the planes at our disposal, making sure it would crash over the ocean, in water, hiding my scent and making me untraceable.

Where are you? Why are you taking so long? Please find me... I heard the woman.

"When did they all get home...?"

"45 minutes ago..." fuck they've probably heard everything that went down with Lana as Cain said.

Taking a look around one last time I went to face the doom that would leave me without my family.

"Walking out?"

I shook my head, and then walked to the living room, suit case in hand. Everyone was smiling at me but that wouldn't stay for long. The minute I saw them get understanding I was prepared.

"What's with the suitcase?" Jace asked.

"I'm leaving," I said coldly.

"But you just... Lana?" my mother said anger in her eyes, in all their eyes but they would never understand. I barely did and it was happening to me.

"She knew I was leaving, I told her what happened tonight meant nothing to me mother," I said coldly, rolling my eyes as they gasped.

"S-she knew?"

"Yes, I want to find my mate, that isn't Lana."

Where are you? Why are you taking so long? Please find me... the voice said again.

"Kaden, that girl just gave you a piece of herself and I am sure she did that to keep you, to show you how she felt," my mother said trying to rationalize with me like that would work like it had many times before.

"Doesn't matter mom, she spread her legs as a way to keep me, when I don't want to be kept," I said earning a slap right across my face but I knew it would get worse. My mother and father left the room not giving me so much as a side-glance.

Patrick and Peter, Lana's older brothers came at me instantly, kicking, flipping and taking their frustrations on me, doing this for their 'heart of gold' sister.

After 10 minutes the fight moving to the steps outside.

"Stop it! All of you!" my mother shouted.

Patrick, Peter and Jace all finally backed off and mom came up with my luggage placing everything in my car. Helping me up, and then helped me sit in my car.