Epilogue - Rich On Goodbyes Alone (Kaden POV)

A/N: NOT EDITED.

Epilogue - Rich On Goodbyes Alone (Kaden POV)

Everyone had an option, except Jace, Lana and Vicki. Stay or follow me - follow Chelsea and Gabriel - as I did what had to be done. I hadn't believed anyone would actually follow us when Chelsea, Gabriel, and Logan appeared in my office.

Both Sawyer and Etta said that we wouldn't be staying on the island for longer than six months, and they were right, expecting it. Which I guess explains why Sawyer wanted to tell Katherine and Donavon who they were, what they were before we had to leave. Because in the end Katherine and Donavon, the two humans, followed us to the next island. Had my people in New York, close up their house until they'd returned and decided that they would come with us, stay with the two children they adopted and never stopped loving.

All of Etta's family that belonged to my brother's pack remained with us, choosing to stick with Etta, which meant that Jace lost nearly fifteen people once the adults decided whom they would follow.

Then there was my family, Zane had joined my back months back, but still hadn't told Vivian that he was her mate, waiting until he had done more for himself when he realized what an overachiever my daughter was. She wasn't just hanging onto my coattails - claiming to be the daughter of the Alpha - like some of the other girls he had known. Vivian was intelligent, creative, loud, caring, and his laid back attitude wouldn't be enough for her in his own opinion when he slowly got to know the girl inside. My children, all of them, had their interests but one of mine was making sure that whether they were shifter or all Fae, or whatever, that women trained.

There wouldn't always be a man around to defend them, protect them, my daughters and those in my pack, women - all of them - they trained. Seeing that attitude, how I ran things, Zane wanted to be more, do more before he revealed to her his growing feelings. Although my girl was no idiot, she noticed him hanging around, becoming friendly, even using Haven as an excuse to come over when in reality as soon as Haven was in the house he sought Vivian out.

I personally liked his approach; he was doing all the things I wished I had done right with Etta. It was a kick to the stomach when he spoke of Vivian as though she were a precious gem, at sixteen when I couldn't see that about Etta at that age.

Elias had jumped ship along with Zane, the same weekend. I hadn't expected for my parents to jump ship, and when they didn't, it was painless knowing that in a way they had to stick with the child that needed them, although, I would disagree. But the truth was Elias had been more of a father to me than my own, I had gotten the one person I truly cared for from under Jace's thumb.

The wild card in my opinion? Cain and Jenny.

"You're leaving?" Haven had repeated the words I said, looking at Emerson and then all my other children, "all of you?" she whispered her lip shaking.

When I nodded her blue eyes, Cain's blue eyes watered, "Can I come?" her voice thick with tears. I had lifted a brow at Cain and Jenny letting them know the ball was in their court. They all knew and understood that we would be leaving and breaking all contact with the outside world, for our own protection. Unsure for the length of time, but for some, knowing that Etta and Sawyer saw glimpses on the future, well that was the game changer, the extra push they needed to know decide and know that if we were going somewhere, then there was probably a good reason.

It was a lot to ask; I understood that, perfectly even. Giving up everything for an unknown amount of time, "Yes baby you can go, mommy and I are both going too," Cain answered boldly. Clapping and wiping at her tears Haven cheered happily while Jenny sat stiffly. I wasn't her favorite person, not that I gave a damn, but her child loved mines and vice versa. She couldn't taint that no matter how hard she tried or wanted too.

It had been nearly six years since we'd welcomed a new Fae to our pack, the last ones, unsure of why no more had followed from Zedwood but putting David and John in charge as always, we knew that the people that we led would be protected for the time we were away. There would be many suffering that we hadn't helped escape to our hidden oasis in California but Etta and the children, we had to go with Chelsea, Etta had finally met the woman she was meant to help.

Our story hadn't ended, but we were starting a new chapter once again, preparing for a war that no human, shifter, vampire or Fae would be left out from. Etta couldn't say what would happen exactly, too many variables and choices unmade, and the elusive 'Faith' had yet to be on our radar but whatever was coming, we had our family, the people we loved and would die to protect.

---

© 2015 new_season All Rights Reserved

Why did I end here? Because I started typing up 'Undivided' and I didn't want to have to repeat myself endlessly.

Maybe if I were a better skilled writer I'd be able to think of a way to keep this story going along side 'Undivided,' but I felt like I finished what I set out to do in this story. It was about Kaden, getting what he had, learning about who Etta and he were before I had them meeting with Chelsea.

It's in no way a sloppy ending to me, because I feel like he got Cain and Elias, but the rest of his siblings, they couldn't just follow him. His parents couldn't just abandon Jace even though to be honest, he needs to be left. By Lana. By Vicki (his mate) and by his parents. They are a bunch of enablers...

Jace/Lana had Kaden looking like the bad one for years when in reality he was pinning for Lana. Again though... this story wasn't about Lana, Jace and Vicki.

It was about Kaden. Think of this as Novella. You're still going to see Kaden and Etta in book four... just think... Gabriel 'the bomber' with Kaden 'the honest I don't give a damn.' Lovely isn't it?

So yeah, I'm going to go finish working on the prologue for book four.