Chapter 12 - The Past, The Keepers and The Takers (Kaden POV)

A/N: NOT EDITED.

Chapter 12 – The Past, The Keepers and The Takers (Kaden POV)

Sean leaves the interview room, as Donavan comforts his wife. She sobs, but as he watches his sisters' behavior and facial expressions he doesn't whisper words of comfort that they will get to keep their children. And when she finally is able to control her emotions, she turns to Margo, "How bad is this?" her voice hoarse and Margo's face has a bit of defeat already there.

"The only thing you have on your side is that you've taken care of these children from birth," she says bluntly and if we weren't in this situation, I'd probably ask her to commit to my company's legal team.

"What else is there besides that, seven long years... we've fed, clothed, and loved those two children, they are ours in all the ways that count-"

"Just not legally. They – there is proof that neither parent ever gave up consent, there was no case saying that they were deemed unfit, no waiting period for parent rights to be severed, nothing. In the eyes of the law you practically kidnapped those children and brought them here. The reason the F.B.I is involved now, is because this isn't – this is international... I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a case called in London, giving them custody of Sawyer and Tristan already." Again, Margo is aware.

"How – how could – who – you stiffened when he said Reese Morgan? Why?" Donavan questions Margo. "Reese Morgan makes approximately in one day what you make all year," she replies. I hadn't understood just what Sean meant when he said what two hundred grand could buy you, but it wasn't the Bradley's that gave Bill – Etta's father – the money, in fact it was the other way around from what we could tell, which wasn't much.

"Money doesn't matter," Katherine replied speaking since she's asked that first question. "What should we be doing Margo? We can't lose them." Standing silently next to me, Etta takes a step forward closer to the mirror that hid us from them.

"File for shared custody," Margo said smartly, jumping the gun, "They want full custody, no judge is going to grant them that, if you ask for shared custody. If you try to get full custody, the ball is in their favor, you have their children-"

"Stop! Stop saying that! They are your niece and nephew how can – you're just giving up? They've never as so much spent any time with Sawyer and Tristan and now – what? They want them full time? And you think that money – because he's wealthy they're just going to get our children?" Katherine shouted her finger pointing at her sister in law.

"What – what if we get the media on our side?" Katherine said desperately, but behind the glass Etta and I remained calm. I watched as Margo read of the files Sean handed her, we had already covered that base as well. Asking that with my level of fame and recognition, for the safety of Sawyer and Tristan as well as for our other children, a gag order be placed, neither them nor us could speak to the media.

Going to the table, Margo waved for them to sit once again, "I'm not sure you're understanding this, the fact that a judge has already seen them, and decided to remove Sawyer and Tristan from your care, they've already voided your adoption. As of right now, they are wards of the state, it is possible that they get full custody guys."

"So – so we – we have – no – no options?" Katherine sobbed, while Donavon became a statue. "No, ask for shared custody, while the birth parents may want full custody, to just up and pull them from this family is completely unheard of... offer weekend visitation, invite them to your home, don't try to alienate them, that will only work against you..." Margo said.

Next to me Etta sighed, "I don't want to hear anymore," her voice catching and thick, her hand in mine we left the room, exiting quietly to the car where John sat waiting. When we finally arrived back at the house, from the outside alone I could hear the shrieks of different children inside. My heart raced, and my feet doubled in weight, I knew that Reese and Morgan were inside now; they had arrived since we didn't – couldn't tell just how long we would be in New York. It only made sense that David – John's son – bring them to us.