Chapter 25 [outtake] - Aftermath (Kaden POV)

A/N: NOT EDITED. This is short but I'm not feeling too well... so be patient.

THERE IS NO INCEST IN THIS STORY! VIVIAN/MYLES ARE biologically Etta's sister/brother, but when their father died Etta was all they had.

Zane and Vivian are not blood related!

Chapter 25 [Outtake] - Aftermath (Kaden POV)

Late, long after all my youngest children had gone to bed, Cain, my grandfather, Father and I were outside, deflating the blow up water park the children had spent nearly the whole day on. "I can't believe this is who you are now," Cain said his voice high and disbelieving.

"I mean - it's not a bad thing, but I thought you were out chasing tail-"

"When have I ever chased it?" he laughs at my interruption.

"You know what I'm trying to say, I mean you - this seems like routine for you..." it's a dig at my father, or at least I determine that it is. He loved us all I think, but the only child in his eyes that was worthy of his attention, of the importance to follow him around was Jace. While my grandfather - Elias - he really was the one that spent any sort of time with us.

"I left that first time and I could hear Etta calling me, pleading with me to find her so I did... I wasn't - I had no idea that she was who was calling me or how closely connected she and I were already, our history but she was a breath of fresh air, she didn't tell me right away that Ree and Morgan were my children, or that she knew who I was when I came-" I stop abruptly, not ready or sure I'm in the position to tell my family about my alter identity as Reese Morgan. Not just yet.

"So you basically got a second chance," Elias finished for me.

Nodding I rolled the large slide folding it for use next time, "Why didn't you just come back, bring Etta with you?" my father asked and I had to wonder if all the sun had gone to his head.

"I was enamored with Etta, I had my life here with her, she was part of this pack, she and my children were more important than a family that beat me because of someone that had done all this to herself. It was one thing if we didn't have the past we had, but for Lana and Jace to not hurt Victoria, they had this camaraderie where I was the bad guy in all this. But Lana knew I was her mate, I mean even Zane knows that my Vivian is his mate..."

"And Etta, she's special, forgiving and kind. You all would've ripped her apart and I couldn't let that happen, not that I would need to defend her, she is scrappy... but uhm... I saw no need to come home when home was with her and then we found Sawyer and Tristan, and they had their family and it really didn't make sense at all for us to come back when I had my own pack now... one much stronger than the families," Cain snorts, but I don't take the bait.

When we finish, late. Nearly eleven at night, everything packed away, I lead everyone to the house, the basement - my man cave the four of us playing pool and have a few cold drinks. We've played two games when I see David leading Jace down the stairs. "Now you're stealing my pack members? Telling me to reject my mate isn't enough? Do you know we could both die if we rejected each other now? After we've been marked and mated?" I sigh because just like that my good night has gone to shit with his questions.