Chapter 7 - The Past, Breaking The Ice (Kaden POV)

A/n: Not Edited.

Chapter 7 - Kaden 25 years old - Past

I knew nervous when I saw it, and Etta was nervous, although I couldn't figure out why, she was a beautiful woman, simply breathtaking but then I thought back to what John, David and Damien told me earlier and I can only guess that the is fidgeting because she's uncomfortable. Intimated maybe but my chest expands - figuratively - she came anyways and was still here even though she looked as though she were ready to bolt away from the dock back to that unsafe shack she calls a home.

I give her my biggest smile as the boat edges near her, to which she shyly returns, "Hello Kaden," her voice wraps around me once again.

"Let me help you aboard," I say offering her my hand, she seems surprised by this small gesture. I then hand her a life vest to which she just stars at, making no attempt to put it on.

"I can swim and it's not like I can die Kaden," she says watching me, "You aren't wearing one," she points out while taking out a nice roam at my entire body. Her heart beat picks up and I can see that she admires my hard earned body.

I nodded, and shout over the motor, "It's only a few miles out." I concentrate on not flipping the boat, but also on Etta. She looks out at the ocean and immediately I am left in a trance state that doesn't help my control so instead I pull eyes from her figure and concentrate on the water.

.

.

Once we reach the dock I quickly tether the boat and help Etta out, but even then I do not release her hand. I hold it in mine and I can sense that her body temp is a bit higher than the average human. Or she has a fever... I shake my head she probably can't get sick.

"I - do you have a fever? Are you ill?" I blurt out anyways, maybe it's motion sickness.

"No," she says softly, "oh... you're warmer?" I said as we walked up the porch, noting that I sound like an idiot, but I just want her to keep speaking and she seems unable to.

I sigh, "Welcome to my home Elizabetta," I say slowly as she takes in her surroundings, still a bit twitchy. And god does she look so nervous and unsure of herself when she sees it, her face entirely too readable. I think back to her home and how at ease she was there, but then realize maybe she's nervous for a reason completely different than I assume.

Still holding her hand I turned to face her, lifting her chin so she could see the sincerity of my words, "I know about your father," I said cupping her face, when she tried to look the other way.

'When I left your place, I spoke with John, David, and Damien... I had questions and he - they - answered them for me. I want you to know that I understand why you lied, and said what you did Etta, but you don't have to hide from me, so relax and l - I want for us to get to know each other," I wait for something, some word or nod that she wants the same thing and when I get it, I pull us into my enormous for one person alone kitchen, "I'll get us some wine, you can sit..."

She follows my suggestion, slowly walking and taking in the space around her, "This is a nice home, Kaden," and I can tell she genuinely means it. Nor is there any off putting tone that she feels jealous of this place which I do like. "Thank you... It's much too big for me alone though," I hear myself saying but can't understand why I would say such a thing.

I turn away looking at the slow cooker, getting bowls so I could dish out our meals, and the wine glasses. Preparing everything, she and I sit in front of a large window; the view wonderful and the setting sun with a few candles create our soft lighting.

It was different and perfect; as we ate I began asking questions everyday things. Her favorite color, food, time of day, book, song, movie, and in turn I gave her information I could remember from my own history.