Chapter 13 - The Past, The Unexpected Truth (Kaden POV)

A/N:NOT EDITED.

Chapter 13 — The Past, The Unexpected Truth (Kaden POV)

While Etta was currently distracted, dressing Reese and Morgan for the day, I wanted to know something that had been working my nerves; I had been trying to remember since she and John came clean, "When I was injured the last time, Etta? What were we doing?" caught off guard, her brows scrunched together.

"I had a feeling... a premonition, it was still a new skill for me — but we were looking for a family, Maisy Clemente and her children." Her response off handed.

"How did I get injured?"

"We were attacked in New York, you told me to go with them, when it was time for you to check in, you didn't, John said you were injured in the attack and that when you woke up, you couldn't remember a few things..." she says fixing overalls on Ree.

"What happened to the Clemente's?"

"Well it was the right face, wrong name," again distracted she placed Reese on the floor, before picking Morgan up, "Well anyways, they're on the island," nodding I picked Reese up, tickling her in my arms. Inhaling her calming scent, for now I'd worry about this coming visit.

.

.

Undecided on how to proceed with this situation, Etta and I took a step back, evaluating what we would be doing, how to handle this in the right way. Unfortunately there was no way that the Bradley's wouldn't get hurt, in the long run, we would still be getting full custody of Sawyer and Tristan, even if we dragged it out, the end results weren't changing.

The gag order the judge placed preventing either them or us to involve the media, was set, however the Bradley's and their lawyer, Margo — Donavan's sister — were unaware of Myles, Vivian, Reese and Morgan. Just two days after witnessing them at the police station, the Bradley's filed for the children to be returned to their home, while they were introduced and met with Etta and I, and thankfully that was denied.

Sitting in the kitchen, with Reese on my lap, while Myles, Vivian and Morgan played outside, Etta scrambled around the area, preparing for their first visit with us. It would be the first time we met our children, as well as the Bradley's. The monster inside me, didn't see the point to all this run around, if we had gone with what I wanted to do, which was take our children, eliminating the threat the Bradley's posed we would all be back home on the island. I truly believed that Etta was the key to my humanity, the rationale for good inside me.

It wasn't that she made me soft, but she opened my eyes to more than just seeing things as some clinic, straight cut, black and white situation. While the researchers were unaware of my ability to change my physical features, they had created a soldier in me, removing the humane part of my wolf, leaving me more monster than man.

"Dadee eat," Reese patted my face, her hand holding a piece of egg waiting to push it inside my mouth. Doing as she pleased, I lowered my head, and opened, "hmmm," I made a show of chewing and swallowing. "So good, your mama sure can cook." Not sure she really understood just what I was saying, but nonetheless, she nodded, filling her mouth with a piece.