Chapter 1 - Rejection (Kaden POV)

Chapter 1 – Rejection (Kaden POV)

The Past- Kaden 13 Years Old

"We're mates!" I exclaimed but also a little saddened when I realized that she had to have known that I was her mate the moment she first shifted. Lana Riley, 17 years old and also with my brother was going to reject me.

"You knew all along?" I asked her.

"I'm in love with Jace, Kaden. We're just all so young and I'm not ready for a mate. I'm going away to University, we are in different places in our life-"

"You could- could wait for me Lana!" I said harshly.

Straightening her back, standing tall she broke my heart, "I Lana Riley of Whitemoon Pack, officially reject you Kaden Machi Romano of Whitemoon Pack."

Anguish. Searing how pain. Worst of all I could see the pain that she was in, both of us falling to our knees screaming as our bond was severed.

"You need to accept it, Kaden. It'll hurt less for us both if you do," she gritted out, panting.

I shook my head. I, I didn't want to accept it. I didn't want too.

"It's not our time Kaden, please?" she whispered, pleaded with me.

"What about when Jace finds his mate?" I questioned.

"Huh? Wha-what about when you decide you want kids? You can only ever get that from me Lana!" I yelled.

She looked away, out in the direction of our home where my brother was; making me hurt more.

She was twisting the knife minute by minute.

Second by second.

"I. Love. Him. Kaden." She gritted out, tears falling.

"When he finds his mate we will break up," she said her voice cracking sad that they would have to break up, but not that she was rejecting me.

"Then you'll want me?" I asked pathetically, crying like her but not for the same reasons.

"It wouldn't be fair to you now Kaden, later when we are older we will forgive each other, move on and have a nice big family. Our kids will play with their cousins; we will all be in one pack, one happy family..." she smiled sadly, her eyes closed imagining our future. One I couldn't see happening if I accepted her rejection. 

I continued to grasp at straws, "I –I could come with you Lana. You know that I'm smart enough, I've already had offers for different programs," I rambled, but she growled her eyes turning black.

"I. Do. Not. Want. You!!"

She screamed over and over again, breaking my young heart.

"God Kaden, just look at you! You're crying for God sake! You're nothing! Nothing but a snot nosed kid, why, why would I ever want you to follow me? To come with me, what so I could baby sis you? Tuck you in at night? I want to have fun. Go out experience life, meet new people,-"

"But not alone, with Jace. Until he finds his mate?" I asked incredulously.

"Yes! I want the same thing for you too. I'm going to be a doctor Kaden, I wont really be settling down until I'm nearly 30 years old. That's more than ten years, you and I will have our happily ever after, but for now we can just, just experience with nothing holding the other back. "We're mates Kaden and mates always end up together, always. Eventually allow the bond to take over," she spoke quickly, frustrated at me.

"You were supposed to accept me, like no one else does. But? But you don't want me?" I said, watching her face.

"No I don't want you Kaden." The final blow.

It was silent for a moment; me sniffling and I couldn't process what was happening.

"We live for eternity Kaden. I know we will eventually have our happy ending, we will have a future. Have the life our parents have, she said in agony; her words were not only hurting me but herself. They were causing her wolf pain.

"JUST FUCKING ACCEPT IT!!" she said harshly.

"I- I K-Kaden Machi Romano accepts the rejection. Accept the severing of our mate bond requested by Lana Riley. I accept your rejection," I choked out defeated, broken and worse of all empty. It hurts, just... pain like I am in the desert, Lana was my water and shelter but she was nowhere to be found.

"Thank you," she whispered, getting up. Walking towards the lake, she kneeled down scooping water to wash her face then walked away from the pond, all the broken pieces and me.

I remained where I was crying, letting the sadness take over, the darkness, night sky and the feeling, the physical pain that felt like I was dying.

___________________________________________________

Follow. Please Share w/others (if you feel like its worth sharing). Please Vote (if you liked it).  Please Comment (if you have something to say).

© 2016 roxann_season All Rights Reserved