Chapter 21

I slam the door shut behind me and sigh running my hands through my hair. It was about nine in the afternoon and it only took me a second to get here thanks to the watch Wilbur gave me. I press my head against the wall and throw the watch to the bed and saw it bounces.

"I should probably be more careful with that thing," I say cringing shoving my hand inside my pocket. I took out the abyss that was inside there and stare at it looking at its features. I saw the abyss shine a little then went back to normal. I sigh placing it on the table.

I walk towards my bed and plop myself on it roughly groaning annoyed. I turn my whole body to face the roof. My mind is now flooded with thoughts. I wonder when did work for the Death's Company. How do they even get into that company. I'm wondering so many things I shouldn't be wondering about yet here I am.

A coincidence? Never thought of that but it was possible. They didn't have a choice though. Right, that. I almost forgot about the fact that they didn't have a choice. But a part of me still was hurt when I found out that they kept something this big from me. I don't even know whether to be glad or mad.

Glad to know that they have found something they enjoy or just be mad because they kept it from me. I don't even know anymore so instead I just close my eyes and rest. I flinch when I hear a ring sound from my phone that was beside me. "Fuck" I mumble taking the phone and seeing my mom calling.

"At this time? What does she even need from me" I whine pressing the green button. "Hello?" I say sounding tired when in reality I wasn't and was filled with energy. I saw the camera of my phone light up pointing at the ground in front of me. After it lit up I saw my mom's hologram.

"Mom, what is it again? Isn't it nighttime there?" I mumble leaning against the frame of my bed.

She laughed placing her hands on the table that was beside her glaring at her phone, "Yes but I and your father have been busy. Anyways I heard an operation was sent there" she said to me raising an eyebrow.

I widen my eyes. So she just knew? I didn't want to tell her the fact that the changer had done it or should I say Techno so I just kept quiet. If there was one thing I know about my mom was that she gets worried easily and it sometimes gets noisy why she reaches her limit.

"I don't know the reason," I say simply, "But you just knew? I'm sure it's all over the internet by now" I frown placing my hands on my lap carefully watching my mom as she does her work.

"I wasn't informed by the employees here and if our company did do that. I could have known by now" She muttered closing her laptop then facing me with her legs crossed.

That wasn't the answer I was expecting from her. So no one knew what company sent the operation. The fact shocked me so I asked her again, "Mom what company do you were on again?" I asked. This was the first time I got interested in her business so she must have been surprised.

As expected her eyes widened, "The Visionary Revolution which is a huge company. There are many parts of it and many CEO in there. Why?" I feel like I'm a spy finding out some clues for a mission. She didn't have to tell me some details but that was better anyway.

I sigh looking down. Mom and dad probably weren't part of that part of the visionary revolution. The part where they were after the energy and sabotaging other companies for their title. I smile looking at her, "Nothing, since I'm about to graduate college I'll find that info helpful for the course I'm picking" Stupid excuse but it's fine for now.

She hummed surprisingly believing me, "I see but there is also another reason to why I called you" I don't know why but that sent goosebumps through my body.

She grinned widely, "The Changer will be hosting a gala in the next few days for all the high ranked workers and that will be including me and your father," she said, "And the parent's families are included" she finished then opening her cabinet on her desk.

She took out an envelope on her desk and placed it on the small item teleporter. "Go read the letter. Once you finish when tomorrow starts I want you to go shopping and pick out a nice and clean suit" she said waving the last goodbye for this night and then ending the call.

"That was fast" I mumble standing up and then making my way to the item teleporter. I saw the letter on top of it so I quickly snatch it into my hands. I remove the lock on the middle keeping the envelope sealed that had the Visionary Revolution symbol. I pull out the letter inside and unfold it open.

I sigh and start reading it, Dear Alexander Family. We are glad to inform you that you are invited to the grand gala of the Visionary Revolution this year. For the celebration of the anniversary of the opening of the company, you may attend this gala together with your family.

The date of the gala will be next week—next Saturday. Eight o'clock in the afternoon. We will be looking forward to seeing you there.

My eyes shot open when I finished reading the letter.   A gala with the company that I should be up against. That the company I am secretly working with, for now, is up against. This day couldn't have gotten worst. I run my hands through my hair then faced the abyss that glowed brightly.

I groaned annoyed, "What do you want again?" I mutter going towards the abyss snatching it in my hands. It glowed brightly again. "What?" I mumble glancing around me and seeing a notification on my phone.

I shove the abyss into my pockets and go to my bed snatching my phone from the comforters. The notification was from a text. I press the notification and saw it read Wilbur. "How did he even get my number?" I mumble reading the text.

404 I need you to get back to headquarters. There is something we need to talk about.

And don't go whining because of your friends.

๑۞๑,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۩๑۩ ,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۞๑

So far I haven't seen anyone I know in the headquarters yet so I just went to the training room to improve my skills of fighting since what I only do was workout and that's it. I never try to punch, throw knives, or do anything related to physical fighting.

I push the door open and saw Dream who was punching a boxing bag. He was wearing leather black gloves but I could still see his fingers and was just wearing a plain black t-shirt. He seemed to be panting while he was punching the bag roughly and he was also sweating.

His hair was a mess and there was some hair on the front of his forehead. "It's rude to stare" I heard him say as he punched the bag keeping his focus on his feet and hand. I had to stay that was impressive and he was looking kind of attractive because I'm not stupid.

I laugh with sarcasm removing my jacket placing it on the chair beside only leaving me with my pants and my tight white shirt. "And so? You think I'm rude anyways. What's the point" I say rolling my eyes.

The following minutes—silence followed. The tension between the air and me was strong. "Wilbur has something to announce later" he suddenly mumbled as he stopped punching the bag.

"I know. That's why I came here early" I say sitting on the couch beside me.

Dream hummed, "You got one didn't you?" He grumbled facing me.

"Got what?" I asked.

Dream sighed shoving his hand in his pocket and pulling it out again revealing a letter. The same type of letter that I got. My eyes widened, "You have one?" I exclaimed standing up.

He nodded, "Hm you do," he says wiping away the sweat on his forehead using his arm, "Both our parents work for the Visionary Revolution. Meaning the two of us will be in the gala next week," he said removing the gloves that were on his hands one of by one.

Suddenly I heard the door slam open. I raise an eyebrow turning my head to the entrance and saw Wilbur with his mouth formed into a huge grin.

I'm afraid we'll be talking about the letter Techno gave both of our families.

1518 words