Chapter 17

It's quiet. Terribly quiet that I thought ghosts were surrounding the world. I sigh running my hands through my hair with Clay far beside me glaring around the camp area in confusion, "Where are the people? There's supposed to be a game here" he hisses annoyed.

I roll my eyes, "You think I know that? We just came back from an underground base. A shooting scene. Still shocked to see people injured. And you ask me?! I'm just as confused as you stupid!" I face him with anger in my eyes. He glares at me taking a step forward grabbing my chin harshly.

I turn to face him with my breath getting caught off sharply. I stare into his emerald eyes that stared at me. "Tell me that again" He daringly whispered harshly against my ear.

I felt my head go heavy as I gulp not because of nervousness but because of the tension between us. "Stupid" I breathe, "I called you stupid. Is that what you wanted to hear?" I say coldly.

He grits his teeth, "You call me that again" he says grabbing my wrist placing it close to his face, "You'll have to face consequences" he whispers shoving my hands to my chest.

I stumble back, "And what are those?" I ask him.

He chuckles deeply looking at me, "And do you want to know that now?" He says running his finger down my cheeks spreading goosebumps all over my body.

I smile, "I'd rather not," I say lowering his hand that was close to my cheeks.

"YOU TWO!" I hear a masculine voice yell. I blink turning my head towards to where the voice came from and saw a teacher who had a small sweater and flashlight in his hands. "What are you doing here? Haven't you heard about the announcement?!" He hisses.

"U- uhm?" I mumble glancing around being met with nothing but again quietness. "I thought we were supposed to be bringing back the flags? What do you mean announcement?" I hear Clay as in pure confusion and annoyance.

The teacher swallowed air irritated, "There was an operation in the forest! We requested everyone to be back before nighttime! And the game is canceled because of some issues in the forest" He says shaking his head

"What," I say astonished bringing up my watch then turning it on. I click on the notifications on the hologram and saw indeed an announcement saying we should be back in the houses by five. "We must have lost connection while on a jet" my voice trails of frowning as I turn the watch off.

The teacher sighs, "Whatever, be back in your house. Tomorrow is the main day. This day's adventure was a warm up anyways. Get going before anything happens to you too!" He says sharply pushing our shoulders shooing us away whispering, 'go go go'

I shrug crossing my arms over my chest scoffing, "How annoying"

๑۞๑,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۩๑۩ ,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۞๑

I sigh pressing myself against the chair in my bedroom. The lights were off and the only source of brightness I had was the moonlight across my window and the orange bright lamp that is in front of me. I have my laptop open on the desk in my bedroom.

It was night time about twelve am in the morning and I could already hear faint snoring from Clay who was on the other side of the hallway behind my wall. I groan looking at the window dumbfounded. I tried so many searches already.

Astroid that hit earth thousands of years ago.

Abyss of Light and Abyss of Darkness

Abysses

Ancient ruins

I even searched random words from my keyboard because I was already getting irritated. "Nothing!" I don't even know anymore as I stare at the full moon across my window. I already gave my abyss to Wilbur so it has to mean I don't have my powers anymore.