Chapter 10

Life is bullshit. I should be excited today yet I feel so down and stressed. I am outside my condo with my bags slung on my shoulder waiting for the vans to arrive. Sitting against the couch in the parking lot of the building. I'm staring at my phone looking at the time.

It was early morning about three am and the van should be picking me up in two minutes yet I still can't hear any vehicle approaching. To be honest, I'm quite happy knowing that I have more time to live my life away from Clay who was probably already in that van somewhere around my seat.

I groan shutting my eyes closed and crossing my legs, "Why am I even doing this" I mumble to myself glaring at the darkness that had cleared my vision. Dark like my humor and soul. How nice. I blink rapidly shooting my eyes open and see a black van coming close to my vision.

I huff, "I got the time to be free at least" I mutter to myself getting up from the bench. I see the van doors slide open and see the light inside turn white. I tilt my head looking at the driver to see him wearing glasses and a uniform that has the logo of my school. "Where is this headed?" I ask him

"To the camp sir. Other vans are now currently headed there so I suggest hopping on now. Each van is filled with six passengers for three groups" he says as he pushes the van horn making me roll my eyes in annoyance. I whisper a small, 'k' and hop in the van to see Aaron and Luke who were watching Netflix on the small screen against the chairs peacefully.

Carefully, I throw my bag behind the van producing a small sound when it hit the ground. I sigh glaring behind me to see Luke who gave me a small wave and a smile together with Aaron who had his hands snaked around Luke's waist. I grin at them waving back and making my way towards my seat number.

To my left, I saw the other group which was two girls. The first girl had her head rested against the window glaring outside so I couldn't tell whether she was awake or not, or maybe she was just resting her eyes. On the other seat beside her, I saw the other girl who was listening to music on her earbuds nodding her head to the beat as she glares at her phone.

I guess everyone here isn't tired early in the morning, I thought to myself as I made my way to my seat and saw Clay who was hugging his bag tightly serving it as a pillow with his eyes closed softly. His head was against the window while his face was facing the seat in front of him. I stared at him dumbfoundedly, I never saw him this peaceful minding his own business alone.

I always saw him as popular Clay who was selfish, cocky, and loud. I gaze at him and noticed that he was smiling softly. He was probably having a good dream now. I frown glaring outside the window to see the van yet again move to its next destination. I sighed, was I wrong? I thought to myself wondering.

But I don't think of it any further and just sit beside him and then cross my legs making myself comfortable. Don't look at him, I tell myself repeatedly in my thoughts but that stupid part of me just wants to admire--no glance at his looks how his stupid eyelashes are laid on his eyelids. I curse under my breath annoyed that the temptation won as I glance back at him.

I study him carefully. Watching as his Adam's apple goes up and down in his throat and the air he slowly breaths in as he was sleeping. I glare down at his arms which were limp and heavy stuck on the bump on his bag. I pinch myself shaking my head, "What am I doing" I breathed carefully trying not to disturb the others.

I tell myself to stop glaring at him. So I did closing my eyes as I could feel them start getting heavy. I mindlessly tilt my head heavily to the opposite side where I could see Clay and sigh. A few minutes pass and I could finally feel myself start to drift off to sleep but then I felt a tickle on my cheeks that felt like hair and a heavy head on my shoulders.

I groan and open my eyes looking to my side to see Clay who had his head rested on my shoulder and his silky hair brushing against my cheeks. I gulp glaring down at him and I could feel my breathing start to get heavy. Suddenly, I could feel my cheeks start to get heavy like there was a temptation but I brush it off and try to push his head carefully not disturbing him.

"I swear to God. If you wake up" I mutter harshly as I started to push his head. I gasped startled when I felt his head out of my grip and watch as his head falls hard against the window causing me to flinch as my hands shake terrified. Please please please, don't wake up, I thought panicking glaring at the dirty blond. I see him groan shifting his whole body while he is asleep as he only grips his bag more.

My whole body relaxes as I slump back to my seat relieved. I frown remembering what I felt on my cheeks when I saw Clay's head against my shoulder. I motion my hands to my cheeks cupping them tightly. What was that? I thought quietly in my mind as I glare back at Clay who was back in his peaceful sleep.

I shrug, "It's probably nothing" I mumble to myself going back to closing my eyes as the journey continues

๑۞๑,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۩๑۩ ,¸¸,ø¤º°'°๑۞๑

Currently, I am awake although my eyes are closed and my body was weak. Well, it wasn't weak just tired even if I just woke up and should be filled with energy. I knew we still haven't arrived at the camping site yet but it was now morning. I knew because of the sunlight shining against my eyelids. My vision was dark orange so I am guessing it is early morning.

I gulp an amount of air as I just squeeze my eyes shut again. I don't know where my head is at. Hell, I didn't even know if I was laid left or right of maybe I'm just dead on the floor and probably I'm just now a soul. But the texture of the object I was on currently was soft yet so hard at the same time. That's it, I think to myself shooting my eyes open but I just close it again when I felt sun rays shooting into my iris.

"Fuck" I mumble to myself shifting my body just noticing that I was cuddling something. It was a bag? I have no idea what it was so I try to look away from where the rays were coming from and blink rapidly shaking my head. I shift not letting go of the bag and sigh. "Where are we?" I question the driver who was focused on the road-gripping the steering wheel.

"We traveled for about four hours and a half. We are two hundred miles away from our last destination" I hear him speak. I only nod gripping both sides of the bag and turn my head to the window. When I turned my head I was met with a familiar face staring at me blankly. He had dirty blond hair, emerald green eyes, and a damn hot face. Clay

I jump- startled and horrified pushing the bag against Clay's chest. I only watch as Clay smirk running his hands through his hair as he glares at me. "Morning," he said with sarcasm in his voice glaring at me evilly. My eyes only twitch as I gaze at his face that I just called hot. God, what is wrong with me. "You seemed comfortable when you were rested on your shoulder" he shrugged.

My eyes shoot open glaring outside the window dumbfounded. That was the thing I was rested at?! I almost scream out loud but I noticed that the others were now asleep. Just now also. "Why were even staring at me! You creep!" I hiss at him trying to ignore my beating heart that I had no idea why it was pumping fast.

He scoffed turning his head at me sighing, "Staring at your stupid face. That is" he mumbled placing his chin against the palm of his hand lazily. I only scoff turning my head in the opposite direction to where he was facing.

"You're acting like you didn't do it first" I mutter under my breath smirking.

"What?!" Clay hissed at me glaring directly at me when I turned my head to him.

I shrug raising my shoulders, "Nothing" I mumble taking my phone out of my pocket. This is going to be a long road trip now that I and this idiot is awake.

1530 words