Chapter 17

She gasped.

He smiled.

"You took me to see horses?!" she asks excitedly, her face lighting up immediately.

"To ride them actually,"

Her mouth hangs open and her face goes red from her excitement.

"Thank you thank you thank you," she gushingly says, jumping into his arms, catching him slightly off guard.

She buries her head in his chest, his scent filling her nostrils, comforting her in every way possible.

He wraps his arms around her, bending forward that way her body was pushed into his.

"I told you it was a good surprise," he whispers in her ear still holding her in the hug.

"Yeah, yeah whatever," she pulls away still smiling.

"Wanna go and get to riding then?"

"You already know the answer to that," she says walking ahead of him to the desk area in front of the ranch.

He laughed again and she smiled, feeling a sense of success at making him laugh again.

...

"My horse is prettier than yours,"

"Says who,"

"Says me,"

"Wanna knows who's faster?"

"M-"

"Mine," he cuts her off before she could say anything.

"Oh sure, you and Jinx are gonna eat our dust," she scoffs.

"And you think that, Vi can even step on Jinx's level?" he scoffs playfully.

"Oh, I know so," she says patting Vi's head earning her a playful neigh.

"You too do know that you're just going to slowly trot around the inner ring of the fence right," the instructor says giving a chuckle.

"Yeah, we know," they say at the same time, smiling at each other, not breaking eye-contact.

But they didn't stop, they kept looking at each other, stills smiling their faces off.

"Okie dokes," she says feeling awkward from their far extended eye-contact, and walks towards the front of the horse, giving them a pat on the heads.

"You guys ready," she asks, and they both snap them out of their trance.

"Yeah, good to go," they say in unison, finally looking away, trying to calm the monster of butterflies that escaped into their stomachs.