Chapter 14

"IVY"

"Ah!" I shout, scaring myself into consciousness.

Looking around the familiar room, I try my best to calm myself before I started to hyper ventilate. Looking down I see myself in an extremely large t-shirt.

His t-shirt

I hear nearing footsteps making their way to the room and I try my best to make it seem as if I was still asleep, tucking myself back under the sheets and into a sleeping position.

But that surely wouldn't work.

"I know your awake Ivy," I hear his low voice say slightly.

"I knew you knew I would be up" I roll my eyes turning to my side, to see his tall, muscular frame leaning against the doorframe of the room. Shirtless.

My chest aches, making me grunt at the sharp pain.

"Yeah, stop being so sassy, in the morning" he says taking a seat beside me gently holding my arm.

"You had a lot of bruises on your skin, why is that" he says unaware that he was stroking my forearm.

"Bruises? What bruises?" I ask wondering what he was talking about. "I found a whole set of bruises on your back and leg and- well, everywhere really," he says nodding his head suggestively to my legs under the comforter.

Pulling it off I see an abundance of red marks and scratches, along with bandages on my legs, devasting memories flashing me in the face, making my head throb in pain. The memory of that horrid night invading my mind.

"Flash Back"

"You ungrateful, little b$tch," My stepfather takes up a beer he found on the counter and threw it at my face. I barely dodged it before he stalked up to me.

I tired to run away but he grabbed me by the hair yanking me backward.

"That's what you've been out doing instead of helping your poor father around here," He grips my neck.

He was talking about the hickies on my neck, and I couldn't help but chastise myself for forgetting to cover them.

"You're such a little slut, just like your mother," He scoffs, throwing me to the wall behind me, making me hit my back causing me to gasp.

I slide to the ground, tears dripping from my eyes at the amount of pain I felt surging through my body. But I couldn't let him talk about my mother like that.

"You are such the hypocrite. You are the one whose always out sleeping with some random woman you find on the street. And you want me to help you out around this house? Acting like a saint. All you want me to do is go around handing out drugs for you when you can easily find someone to do it for you. And the guy I'm supposedly being a slut for? He has been more caring a-and loving than you will ever amount to be. I'd rather be a slut for him, than for some-one to call me your daughter."

The last words, struck something inside of him and he charges at me, gripping my leg, as he dragged me towards one of the rooms in his house.

He handcuffed me to one of the bed heads, making me think, he would just lock me in the room, but I was so mistaken.

"I bet you always wondered what it was like for your ancestors to go through; getting beaten by a white male, knowing who was in higher authority. Well, it's me, I OWN YOU!"

He ripped his belt off his waist, and all I could remember after that was the agonizing pain that rippled through every part of my body.

"Flash Back Over"

"Ivy!" I hear his voice shout, two hands gently gripping my face. Blinking back to reality I see his bewildered face staring at me full of worry.

"What happened just now," he asks, stroking my cheek, peering into my eyes for answers himself, "You blanked out"

"I- um, my head's just hurting a lot," I say dismissing him, a gentle smile rested on my face, as I tried to hide the immense pain I was feeling.

"I can see that you're in a lot of pain Ivorie," He mumbles under his breathe even though I could hear him.

"You know what also puts me in more pain, you calling me by my full name, because then I think that you're upset with me, and I don't want you to be upset with me," I say annoyingly.

"I'm not upset with you V," He says softly, "I just want to know what happened.,"

"I know you do," I say with a sigh, "But I- I don't know if I'm ready,"

"And that's okay, because I'll be here, when your ready,"

Bringing my forehead to his, I rest it there.

"Thank you," I whisper

"Of course,"

"Please stay, I need company," I tug on his shirt for him to lie down beside me.

And he plops down, pulling my body on top of his, rubbing my back as the sound of his heartbeat puts me to sleep.

𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎𓆉︎

khriss シ︎