Chapter 2: Part TWO

Maxwell pictured

The shout of her words directed toward me brings a smile to my face. The shadows, my love, are exactly where I am and soon you'll be in the shadows with me, I mockingly think to myself. The sun will be up in an hour or so and that's the only thing keeping me in those shadows and not arguing with her further. For once in a very long time, I have a challenge and the anticipation of victory itches underneath my dead skin.

All Charlie needs to do is simmer down and accept her new reality, because it's not going to just disappear. Nonetheless, accepting this fate isn't easy. I didn't accept my fate with open arms and Charlie isn't either. Flashbacks of when I was in the same position as Charlie blur my vision as I casually walk down the street. I wasn't lured by an attractive female vampire wanting to make me her groom because she loved me. No, I was forced into the night by a greedy man who only cared for his own survival.

His selfish ways molded me into the heartless vampire I try not to be. I repeatedly tell myself that I'm willing to give her all the time she could possibly need to reach the right conclusion, which is that we belong together. Easier said than done.

Realism isn't a friend of vampires, considering everything about us goes against all human beliefs and proven scientific facts. Realism is what Charlie holds so close. For the sake of my sanity, wishes that she were one of those girls fascinated about vampires would make the situation more pleasurable. It would make things easier on the both of us, but she's anything but easy. In fact, I'm not even sure she's manageable, seeing as she cut me within thirty minutes of my arrival.

The need for her to be in control of all situations she comes upon is quite entertaining, though. Violence is a very vampire thing to turn to and the minute she turned forceful, I knew she would fit in my world effortlessly. Even so, her fitting in and her actually putting herself in a dead life are two completely opposite things. Now all I'm left with is the feel of her warm cheek against my dead, cold hand.

Time used to stand still, but now it seems to be passing me by quite quickly. There are many more things to discuss, if she likes it or not, and the small amount of hours in darkness seem to be pitting themselves against me. Sun filled days will only stand in our way for so long.

One of the most important tidbits of vampire information is how the bond is formed with their human, a very important part I chose not to share with her. After her outburst, I can image how she'll react when I tell her the bond has already started to take place without her consent. A simple skin-to-skin touch is all that's required to activate the blood...all that's required for her to understand that she lives for me as much as I strive for her.

She's a fighter, though. There's no doubt in my mind that she'll fight this tooth and nail, which leads me to the fact that this is going to take longer than it should, longer than I want it to. Wanting to control her so I can feed is overwhelming. A throbbing ache fills my body as my mind can't process anything other than 'eat, eat, eat.' The monster I try not to be rises to the surface, but I do my best to keep the blood thirsty killer at bay. I'm afraid that will only last so long.

What do the humans say...it will be like pulling teeth?