Chapter 9 "Surprise!"

Isabella's pov:

- Surprise! - shot.

- Lay down! - Matteo shouted. 

- I will hide them. - Nickolas said and took Lizzie. - Come with me. - he said and we went down to the basement. - Here. - he opened a huge metal door. 

- Is it a bunker? - Katy asked him.

- Yes. Isabella, take Lizzie. - I took my babygirl, who wasn't even crying. She is so calm last time. - Be here. We will return in a few minutes. No one can open this door without knowing the password, don't worry. 

Nickolas came out and we sat on the sofa. There also were five different rooms: a bathroom, three bedrooms, and a kitchen. 

- Who is that? - Katherina asked me while I was rubbing my daughter's belly.

- I don't know.

- Hope, they will come back soon. - she said and laid down on a pillow. 

- They will. - I looked at her. - I think it will be a girl. 

- What?

- Gender. It will be a girl.

- Um, I hope it will be a boy. - She put her hand on her tummy.

- Why?

- Girls in our world are nothing. I want to have a boy who will always love and carry about me. 

- Well, then... - I came closer to her belly. - my little warrior, your auntie Belli will teach you how to protect your family.

Katy laughed and we heard someone's footsteps near the door.

- Don't worry, we a here. - Nickolas smirked when opened the door.

- What happened? - I asked them when Lizzie smiled at them.

- Someone wanted to kill us. 

- Only one?

- No, there were around fifteen more but only one could reach the house. - Matteo answered and Nickolas smirked. 

- Can we come back to the house? - Katy asked us. She looked pale.

- Yes. Are you ok? - Matteo came closer to her. 

- Yes, just... - she fainted.

- Katy!- I shouted and wanted to come to her but Matteo was first. He took her into his arms. - We need to go to the hospital. 

We came out of the basement but Nickolas stopped us.

- First, give me young lady. She doesn't need to be there. I will take care of her, believe me. - he said and came to me.

- Protect her with your life. 

- Always. - he said and I gave him my daughter. She was looking like she likes his company. Good. 

- Go! - I commanded and we went to the car. 

I opened the passenger's door and Matteo laid down Katy. I sat near her and placed her head on my lap. 

- Everything will be ok. - I whispered and Matteo drove us to the hospital. On our way, he phoned the administration and everyone was already waiting for us. He parked a car and nurses with a doctor came to us with a stretcher. 

- Here. - one of the nurses said and they laid Katy on it. We were going with them until this nurse said us to stop.

- Wait here. - she said and we sat on the chairs near us.