The Day Of

(Y/n) stared at himself in the mirror. He still couldn't believe that the next day he would be getting married. It had been a few weeks since he had gotten the invites out. "(Y/n)?" Gwen spoke sleepily as she felt around the bed for her fiancé. Once she noticed he wasn't there she opened her eyes and spotted him standing before the mirror. "Everything alright?"

"I'm fine" (y/n) turned to her and smiled at the blonde. "Just... thinking" he looked down at his lightsaber, sitting on the desk. The two had spent the past few weeks training for their first duel, in lieu of a first dance. "Wondering how things will change"

Gwen sat up, exposing her fuzzy Chewbacca onesie pajamas as the sheets fell away. "I'm sure any changes will be for the best" she assured him.

"I don't want to even suggest it, but... I mean fifty percent of American marriages end in divorce" the boy turned back to the mirror. "I'm sure they all mostly thought the same things we do"

Gwen frowned and got out of bed. She walked up to the boy and placed her head against his chest. "Marriage is a leap of faith" Gwen spoke softly as she sighed. "There are an infinite amount of maybes. Maybe the marriage will fall apart. Maybe we'll grow to hate each other-"

"Really not helping here" (y/n) interrupted her.

"But maybe it will be the greatest marriage possible. Maybe we'll have the worlds cutest children. Maybe our love will last until the end of time. My point is that you need to focus on the positives. Have faith" Gwen looked up at the boy before placing a short kiss on his lips. "Fifty percent applied to all marriages sure, but when it comes to first marriages only forty one percent don't last. That may be a lot but that also means that fifty nine percent last, the odds are in our favor"

(Y/n) smiled down at Gwen and wrapped his arms around her. "Thank you. You always seem to know just what to say" he kissed her forehead as she returned his embrace. "I do have faith in our marriage. Even if I do sometimes question things I will always love you, for now and forever"

"I love you too" Gwen replied as she broke the hug. "Come back to bed. You'll never forgive yourself if you fall asleep at our wedding" (y/n) nodded and took Gwen's hand before walking back to bed.

The next morning

(Y/n) opened his eyes he turned to where Gwen had slept only to find her gone. He noticed a note on her night table and picked it up. "Bad luck to see the bride before the wedding. See you at the ceremony" he put the note down and yawned.

The boy got out of bed and glanced at the clock. Six hours until the wedding. He walked over to the closet and pulled out his clothes. He was in no rush to wear a suit so he just put them on the bed before going to the kitchen.

The boy noticed that Gwen must have taken the cat so he didn't bother putting out food for her. He pulled a cereal box from on top of the refrigerator and poured himself a bowl. He then took the milk from the fridge and poured it in.

He ate silently as he looked around the house. "It's to quiet" he whispered before eating more. He sighed and continued eating. He was confused that he wasn't more excited for the day but shook his head. Maybe he'd start feeling more excited once he put the suit on, that'd definitely make him realize what was really happening.

An hour later (y/n) heard a knock on the door. "Who's there?!" He called from the couch.

"Your best man!" A female voice called from the door.

"Moonknight?" (Y/n) called back as he turned to the door.

There was silence for a moment. "Best man that isn't officiating the wedding" she called back.

(Y/n) sighed before standing up and walking to the door. He opened it and looked at the girl. "I don't know why I agreed to let you be the best man Valeria" he sighed.

"You love me" Valeria smirked as she walked past him. She was wearing a fancy looking dress in preparation for the wedding.

"You're a minor" (y/n) replied as he closed the door.

"Why aren't you dressed for the wedding yet?!" Valeria crossed her arms.

"We have hours to go and suits are uncomfortable" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "What're you doing here?"

"Making sure you're ready! I want to make sure you and Gwen remember this day forever" Valeria replied as she grabbed the boys arm and pulled him towards his room. "I'll do your hair"

"Do my hair? My hair is to short for someone to do. That's why I don't do it" (y/n) shook his head. (I just realized some of you may have long hair... deal with it, I'm not changing that line)

"Oy. You're lucky I came" Valeria shook her head.

Three hours later

(Y/n) looked at himself in the mirror and smirked. "I don't see much of a difference" he turned to see Valeria glaring at him. "But I'm sure I look great" Valeria nodded.

"That's better. Now come on. We need to get to the venue" Valeria grabbed the boys arm and pulled him out of his room.

A minute later they were in the garage. "You flying or am I?" Valeria asked as she looked at the car.

"I'm not letting you anywhere near my steering wheel" (y/n) glared at the girl before getting in the drivers side.

Half an hour later the two were at the venue. (Y/n) looked at the building before them. "I can't believe this is really happening" he smiled.

Word count: 1000