The Family

"All units we have a firefight in front of radio city music hall" (y/n) quickly jumped off the roof of the building he was standing on and started swinging. The boy had just finished installing a police scanner into his suit when this call had come through.

Sure enough a few city blocks later (y/n) could hear the gunshots. He looked down and spotted a group of criminals shooting at a few officers who were pinned down behind their cars. (Y/n) quickly fell down and landed on top of one of the criminals. "You know you really shouldn't play with guns" he said as he grabbed the criminals weapon and snapped it in half.

A couple of minutes later a few more police cars pulled up as (y/n) took out the last of the criminals. "Took you all long enough" he said as he smirked under his helmet. The officers exited their cars and aimed their guns at him.

"Hands where we can see them spider!" (Y/n) recognized the voice immediately. That was Gwen's dad, captain Stacy.

"You know a little gratitude would go a long way" (y/n) replied before retracting his extra limbs

"You know a little gratitude would go a long way" (y/n) replied before retracting his extra limbs. "I'm going home. Have a good day captain" the boy swung away as the police began to shoot at him.

An hour later

"I'm telling you, he hates me" (y/n) was currently laying on Gwen's bed still in his costume while Gwen did her hair at her desk. "Everywhere I go there your dad is ready to shoot me" he pulled his mask off.

"You're a hero. Mayor Fisk has been pushing all these anti-hero laws lately. Honestly I'm surprised it took this long" Gwen replied with a shrug as she put her headband in. "How do I look?"

(Y/n) looked up at the girl as she walked over to him. "Stunning" he replied with a smile.

Gwen smiled at (y/n) and sat down on the bed next to him. "Do you really think you should be in your costume here?"

"Do you want me changing here?" (Y/n) asked with a smirk. "I'll do it but I figure you didn't want a naked man in your room"

Gwen blushed. "Just put the clothes on over your costume" she said as she tried her best to control her blush.

"Oh" (y/n) said before nodding. Didn't think of that. He pulled his gloves off before putting them in his backpack. He then pulled out a pair of jeans, sneakers. and a blue button down shirt before putting them on over his costume. "How do I look?"

"Very handsome" Gwen said with a smirk. She walked up to him and moved her hand through his hair, repositioning it. "That's better"

"Thanks" (y/n) replied with a smile.

"No problem" Gwen replied with a smile.

A knock came on Gwen's door. "Gwen! Lunch is ready" her mother's voice called out.

"Thanks mom!" Gwen called back. They could hear the woman walk away. "I don't suppose you'd like something to eat?"

"I don't see why not" (y/n) responded with a shrug. "Saving the city works up an apatite"

Gwen opened her door and walked out with (y/n) following shortly after. The two walked into the kitchen. "Oh! I didn't know you had company" Gwen's mother said as she saw (y/n) for the first time.

"This is (y/n) Hardy" Gwen introduced the boy as she grabbed his arm. "Is there enough food for him too?"

"Of course" Gwen's mother replied with a smile towards (y/n). "I'm glad to see Gwen's finally made some friends in her new school"

"Oh I'm not in school with her" (y/n) shook his head.

"Oh? How did you meet then?" The older woman asked curiously.

"I was about to be mugged. (Y/n) saved me" Gwen smiled at the boy and grabbed his hand in hers.

"You were almost mugged?!" Gwen's mother asked nervously. "When was this?!"

"About a week ago" (y/n) replied casually.

"Well thank you for saving her" Gwen's mother smiled at the boy kindly. "I don't know what we'd do without her"

"Happy to help" (y/n) smiled. Gwen's mother sat down at the kitchen table. Gwen and (y/n) sat across from her.

An hour later

"I think she really likes you" Gwen said with a smile as she walked through the door into her room.

"Why wouldn't she? I'm delightful" (y/n) replied with a smirk as he also walked into the room. He sat down on Gwen's bed.

"Oh of course. You definitely don't just come off as smug half the time" Gwen responded sarcastically.

"I'm just gonna pretend you meant that" (y/n) stuck his tongue out at the girl. "Want to go out?"

"Can't" Gwen replied as she turned to look at the clock. "I've got to get to class. Starts in half an hour"

"Why does it start so late?" (Y/n) asked curiously.

"First few classes were cancelled. Apparently one of the teachers got sick and then it spread to a bunch of the others" Gwen replied with a shrug as she grabbed her bag.

"I'll swing you over there" (y/n) said as he quickly put his mask on.

A minute later (y/n) jumped out of the window with Gwen holding tightly onto him. "If my dad sees me with you he'll kill us!" Gwen called out over the wind.

"Then let's give him something to be mad about" (y/n) said with a smirk before swinging them down until they were in front of Gwen's high school.

"What does that mean?" Gwen asked as they landed on the ground.

"This" (y/n) replied before pulling his mask up so that his mouth was visible. He then wrapped his arms around the girl and kissed her. Gwen's eyes widened before she started kissing back.

Some of the other kids who were making their way towards the school saw this. "Stacy's dating the new Spider-Man!" (Y/n) could hear one of them yell. He could also hear the sound of the camera on one of the students phones.

(Y/n) broke the kiss. "Take that captain Stacy" he said with a smirk.

Gwen hit his shoulder with a smile. "Now he's definitely gonna kill me"

"I'll protect you" (y/n) said with a smirk before pulling his mask back down. He then turned to the kid who took the picture. "Send that to Gwen" he then turned to Gwen. "Then you send me the picture. I wanna make sure your dad sees it"

An hour later

Captain Stacy walked into his office in the precinct. First thing he noticed was a picture webbed to the outside of his window. The man looked at it and felt his anger coming on. Then he reading the words written at the bottom of the paper and became even angrier. "Thought you'd appreciate this Georgie. -love, your friendly neighborhood son-in-law"

Word count: 1119