Back In NYC

"Home sweet home" (y/n) smiled before falling face first into the bed. "Now that we're back in the city and there are no plants in sight I can finally live happily again.

"You do realize that we live in the suburbs? We have a front lawn" Gwen shook her head before sitting on the bed and rubbing the back of the boys head.

"You can't just let me fantasize can you?" (Y/n) groaned in annoyance. "Let me be happy woman"

"You are happy" Gwen replied with a smirk before laying down on her back beside him. "How could you not be when I'm here?"

(Y/n) gave her a weird look before shaking his head. "Your dads right. I'm a bad influence on you" (y/n) repositioned himself so that he was facing Gwen.

"Is that such a bad thing though?" Gwen smirked before kissing the boy gently.

"I guess not" (y/n) smiled after they broke the kiss.

The next day

The avengers were nice enough to give (y/n) some time to recuperate after the events of the past few days. Gwen was not so lucky, she had missed multiples days of classes and was currently sitting at the dining room table writing one of many essays that she had missed.

"Come on" (y/n) groaned as he stood behind the girl. "Let's go out! Do your work later"

"I don't have time later. I need to get it all done now" Gwen argued as she glared at the boy. "That way I don't fail"

"You don't need college" (y/n) smiled. "Look at me! I didn't even graduate high school and I turned out perfect"

Gwen raised an eyebrow and turned to look at the boy. "You're a highschool dropout who is constantly getting beat up by freaks in weird outfits" (y/n) huffed.

"I also bought us this house" (y/n) replied. "And I payed off your student loans"

"You payed off my loans?" Gwen asked wide eyed.

"I figured it's better than dealing with them in twenty years" (y/n) replied with a shrug. "And it's not like I didn't have the money. We're set for life"

Gwen sighed before standing up. "Fine. Let's go out" (y/n) smiled before Gwen spoke again. "But later you need to let me finish these. I'm only doing this now because you just payed off my loans and I feel guilty"

"I figured you'd say that" (y/n) smiled before putting an arm around the girls waste. "Guilt is a useful tool"

"The only took here is you" Gwen replied as she pushed the boy lightly.

"I love you too Gwennie" (y/n) kissed the girls cheek before leading her out of the house.

"So where are we headed?" Gwen asked as she got out of the boys grip and started walking towards his car. (Yep. First appearance of the car in a looong time)

"I-uh-I didn't think that far ahead" (y/n) shrugged as he also walked towards the car. "How about a bar?"

"It's eleven in the morning" Gwen looked at the boy exasperatedly. "Any better ideas?" She got in the car.

(Y/n) got in the car a minute later and buckled his seat belt. "You're no fun" he huffed. "How about we go get materials to make our costumes for New York comic con?"

"We're going to comic con?" Gwen asked reluctantly. "Wouldn't you just wear your super suit?"

"What's the fun in that?" (Y/n) asked as he crossed his arms. "If I'm dressing up I'm going as somebody that I actually like. I'm going as... Muftak"

"Muftak?" Gwen asked curiously. "Why Muftak of all people?" She of course knew who he was, who didn't would be the better question.

"I figured it'd make a cute couples costume" (y/n) smiled at the girl. "You're going as Kabe"

"I think I'm a bit tall for Kabe" Gwen crossed her arms.

"Babe, it's comic con. There are dudes dressed as slave leia, nobody's gonna bat an eye at a tall Kabe"

"Good point" Gwen shrugged. "Fine. I'll be Kabe. When's comic con this year?"

"Next month" (y/n) replied with a smile. "I already have our passes"

"Great" Gwen nodded with a smile. The idea was starting to grow on her. "Then let's go get the materials" (y/n) nodded before he put the car into reverse and left the driveway.

"This is going to be the best comic con ever" (y/n) smiled. His smile then became bigger as he had a realization. "I'm going to be the first person to bring a girl to comic con! I'm king of the nerds!"

Word count: 800

(Sorry it's short. I still have COVID and I really feel like absolute shit)