The Awakening

(Y/n) sat in the chair adjacent to Gwen's hospital bed with his eyes closed. His mind was still on that new Gwen he had met, Gwendolyn Poole, if she was who she said she was then how many Gwen's were out there?

The boy opened his eyes only to see that Gwen had turned to her side, her blanket covered most of her exposed back. The boys eyes widened, this was the first time she had moved in the weeks since she had fallen into her coma. The boy quickly stood up before putting a hand on Gwen's shoulder. "Hey, you awake?" He asked as he shook her lightly.

The girl groaned before turning over again towards (y/n) and opening her eyes. "This doesn't look like our room" (y/n) smiled before kissing the girl, they broke it a moment later. "Are we in a hospital?"

"We are" (y/n) nodded as he ran a finger through the girls hair. "You were in a coma"

Gwen in typical human fashion was not surprised by that, instead she just said the only thing on her mind. "This hospital gown has no back" she pulled the blanket higher up as she blushed.

"That's how hospital gowns work" (y/n) pat the girls head with a smile. "I'm glad you're awake"

"I could do with a nap" Gwen replied with a shrug. "Can you get me clothes? I really don't like how exposed I am under here"

"You're not getting out of bed to change Missy" (y/n) replied sternly.

"You're just hoping that once I fall asleep I'll roll over and you'll get your first look at my ass" Gwen huffed as she once again pulled her blanket even higher up.

(Y/n) was silent for a moment. "... maybe" he admitted quietly. Gwen giggled a bit before covering her mouth as she began to cough. "Hey, hey, let's calm down" (y/n) said as he sat down on the side of the bed and rubbed Gwen's forehead. She stopped coughing. "You should rest, I'll go get the doctor"

Gwen grabbed the boys hand before he could get up. "Stay with me"

(Y/n) nodded. "We'll tell the doctor your up later"

"Thanks" Gwen smiled as she moved over so the boy had room to lie down next to her.

Once (y/n) was lay down Gwen repositioned the blanket so that it was covering both of them.

"You know-" Gwen started as she looked at her boyfriend. "I was in and out when it came to hearing. But I did here enough. Thank you for talking to me, and telling me everything"

"It was about time" (y/n) replied as he put his arm around the girl.

Gwen yelped before calming down. "Please move your arm, like I said there's no back to this"

"Well then maybe I should just move my hand down" (y/n) replied with a smirk.

"You touch my butt and I'll push you out of the bed" Gwen replied with a smirk of her own.

"Worth it" (y/n) replied with a shrug.

Gwen laughed a bit but didn't push the boy away. "You really want this to be the first time you touch it? In the hospital after I came out of a coma?"

"Good point" (y/n) sighed before moving his arm so it was no longer touching the girls back.

Gwen smiled as she cuddled closer up to the boy. "Now lay still so I can go to sleep"

"You've been awake ten minutes and I'm already being bossed around" (y/n) huffed as Gwen closed her eyes and wrapped her arms around her boyfriend.

"You're mine" Gwen whispered as she kissed the boys neck. She then fell asleep a moment later.

(Y/n) sighed before pulling his phone and his earphones out of his pocket. The boy put one in his ear before turning on the phone. "Welcome loyal listeners to Squirrel Girl: the unbeatable radio show! I'm your host, Doreen Green also known as the unbeatable Squirrel Girl! I'm joined today by me, myself, and I"

(Y/n) closed his eyes as he listened to the show. A moment later the boy was fast asleep as the voice of Squirrel Girl played into his subconscious. It lead to a few incredibly nice dreams.

Word count: 750

(The squirrel girl podcast is out and it's amazing. Her theme song rocks, I'd link it but nobody has put it on YouTube yet)