The Talk

I wasn't fast enough. (Y/n) watched as Riri fell. He wasn't going to make it in time to catch her so he aimed his hand at the tower and made a web to hold him. He aimed his other hand at the girl and shot a web at her. The web wrapped itself around the girls leg. Her head moved violently as her fall stopped.

The boy was pulled out of his memories as the someone entered the hospital room. His head perked up only to see the doctor checking on Gwen. (Y/n) looked back down at the ground and closed his eyes once again. He had been in the room for the past day waiting for his fiancé to finally wake up. Her condition was luckily stable but nobody knew when she'd wake up. She'd been shot through the chest and the bullet had grazed one of her lungs..

He didn't have to look down at the bridge to know that his mother was dead too.

The boy had sworn to himself that this would never happen again. Nobody he cared about would be hurt again.

The whiplash from the web had snapped her neck.

This is my fault. The boy thought to himself as tears fell down his face. He knew that it would never have happened if he hadn't overreacted. She deserves better. (Y/n) heard the doctor leave the room.

(Y/n) opened his eyes and looked back up at Gwens unconscious body. He wanted to take her hand in his own but was scared that's he'd accidentally do something else to hurt her.

"He's been arrested" (y/n) turned quickly and saw Moonknight in his Mr. Knight costume. "The man who shot her. They caught him half an hour ago"

"Thanks Marc" (y/n) said quietly as he looked down again.

The masked man nodded silently before walking over to the boy and sitting next to him. He put his hand on the boys back. "She'll be fine. You need to go home and get some sleep"

"No. I'm not leaving until she wakes up" (y/n) shook his head at the memory.

(Y/n) stood in front of the hole in the ground that his mother's casket was currently being lowered into. Riri's funeral had been earlier that week.

"I can't lose anyone else" tears fell out of the boys eyes once again. "Every time I close my eyes I just see everyone I've lost, always dying over and over again" the boy shuddered and stared at the floor.

"You need to talk to somebody kid" Moonknight replied as he pat the boys back. "Someone who can really help, a licensed professional. You can't keep holding everything in"

The champions had been trying to get in touch with (y/n) since then but he had refused to see any of them. He was done being the hero.

"No. Every time I even think about loss I relive everything" (y/n) shook his head.

Moonknight looked towards the window with a sigh. "You're problem is that you hold all your emotions in and refuse to speak to anyone. You need to face your fears and your past. Very few problems ever get better without facing them head on. If they did then you'd be able to accept what happened to Riri and your mother"

(Y/n) didn't stick around for long after the funeral. He quickly headed to his car as he held in tears before driving away. He ignored his phone as it rang.

"Hypothetically if I did agree to talk about everything-" (y/n) started skeptically. "Do you trust your shrink? Hundred percent?"

"Andrea Sterman is the best of the best" Moonknight nodded as he stood up. "I talk to her once a week and it actually helps" he walked towards the door, turning his back to (y/n). "Just consider it. That's all I ask kid"

(Y/n) nodded solemnly. "Moonknight?" The vigilante turned to look back at the tired looking kid. "Which you and I talking to?"

"All of us" The man replied with a nod before walking out of the room and closing the door behind himself.

(Y/n) closed his eyes once again before gently taking Gwen's hand into his own. He sighed as he watched in his mind as Riri Williams' neck snapped. He sighed again as he thought about the argument he had had with Gwen only a few hours ago. He made his decision.

I'll do it. He thought to himself.

Word count: 793

(3 chapters in one night. Even though they're short I'm still surprised I was able to write this much. In total they came up to a little over 2 of my usual chapters)