Chapter 33

Ten minutes seemed to drag by as I sat at my desk and tried to think about what Snape was talking about. I just hope it wasn't anything about spending more time in my room trying to get stuff for herbology and transfigurations memorised. And I hope it had nothing to do with Voldemort, I don't want to think about him possibly getting a hold of me.

My heart beat against my ribs when class was over and everyone else ran for the door, ready to go talk to their friends and hang out. I waited until everyone had left before standing up and walking over to Snape's desk.

" You can start on grading that stack of papers while we talk.", he said not lifting his head up from the paper he was grading.

I grabbed a chair and started to grade some of the papers, " What do we need to talk about sir?"

" Well.", he said opening a drawer of his desk and pulling out my sketchbook that I've been looking for, " We can start about what is in here."

" Wh-what about it?", I asked as my face heated up.

" You already know. And you should know that some of that stuff you shouldn't be drawing or have.", Snape said finally looking up at me, his eyes a little more black than they normally are.

" It's my private book and people shouldn't be looking in it.", I said a bit harshly, grabbed the book, and put it under my legs.

" You aren't to have stuff like that at Hogwarts, but Dumbledore is letting it slide. Don't let it be seen by anyone else Miss Payne.", he hissed.

" Yes sir..", I replied not wanting to cause a fight with him.

" Now, we need to talk about what we are going to do to keep you away from Ruth and The Dark Lord.", he said looking back at the paper he was grading.

" What is there to do? I'm either going to end up being wed to him, or I'm going to be killed trying to get away from him. There isn't any other way to get around it, so what is there to talk about.", I snapped.

" Dumbledore wanted me to talk to you about it.", Snape snarled, " Pardon me for for doing what he asked me to do."

I looked over at him and sighed, " I'm sorry I snapped at you sir.. I've been a little stressed over everything that's happened.. I'll go grade these in my room."

I stood up and went to pick up the papers but got stopped when Snape stood up also.

He narrowed his eyes at me, " You aren't to walk anywhere without someone walking with you. So sit back down Miss Payne."

" I can take care of myself thank you!", I yelled as I collected the papers I was to grade, put them in my bag along with me sketchbook, and walked to the door.

The door slammed infront of me and Snape bellowed, " Sit back down."

" Why should I? All I'm going to do is keep running from my past and I can't do it anymore. And since I'm always in your way or causing trouble why not let me leave. It would do both of us a favour.", I replied.

" Because Dumbledore doesn't think that it has to end in you dying or being wed to Voldemort. He thinks there is another way, but you are to think skulked to see it.", Snape barked.

" To see what?", I asked.

" Ask him about it.", Snape said causing me to look up and see Dumbledore standing there.

" Things aren't going as good as I thought they would." Dumbledore said and I still had no idea what they were talking about.