Chapter 29

Snape didn't say anything else to me that night. We walked to his quarters in silence and as soon as we got there he walked straight to his room and slammed the door shut. He seemed to be really upset about something, and I didn't know what.

I noticed that there was another stack of ungraded papers sitting on the table in the kitchen, looks like he had more work that needed to be done before he could get sleep. I frowned at that though.

He seems to work all the time and I don't think I have ever seen him sleep. So I walked over to the table, after grabbing my quill and ink, and started to grade the rest of the papers.

I didn't have transfigurations tomorrow so I could sleep in, so why not help Snape out with grading papers so he can get some sleep.

I was about a quarter of the way with the grading papers when Snape finally walked out of his room, his hair still slightly wet from taking a shower. He walked into the kitchen, not noticing me, and got a glass of water before turning to the table.

" What do you think you are doing!?", Snape sneered as he looked from the stacks of graded and ungraded papers to me.

" I'm grading papers so you don't have as much work to do sir. You've been running around all day and you deserve a break. Plus I don't have transfigurations tomorrow, so I figured that I could stay up late and finish grading these for you.", I said timidly as I looked up at a very pissed off Snape.

" I can do my own work thank you very much! Now you can leave so I can finish my work.", he bellowed.

" I am not as stupid as I look Professor. So you," , I said standing up and poking him in the chest before pointing to his bedroom," should go get some sleep. You are going to be dealing with students all day tomorrow on top of whatever else you need to do and you can't keep running in a couple hours of sleep. Now go."

" Don't tell m.."

I cut him off before he could say anything else, " ' Don't tell me what to do Miss Payne. I can take care of myself and I don't need a student doing my work for me.' Well you can get over it because I am. What is the point of me having detention if you only give me part of your work. Now go, or I'm going to go talk go Dumbledore about this because it is ridiculous.", I said sitting back down and starting to grade papers again.

I could see Snape staring at me with a not happy at all face and a glare. He opened his mouth to say something but shut it before stalking, very angrily, to his room and slamming the door so hard that the walls rattled.

I bet I would have some reprecutions (?) tomorrow with Snape. And I don't think he is going to be very happy with me, but then again when is he?

***********next morning***********

I hadn't finished grading the papers until five in the morning, most of the papers had so many mistakes that I had basically rewrote them. And by that time I was wide awake, after three cups off coffee, and couldn't go to sleep. So I started to clean up a bit, just sweeping and putting everything back where it goes.

By the time I was done with that, it was almost the time that Snape gets up and ready. So I got changed and decided to make some breakfast, I had gotten one of the elves to get me some eggs and bacon from the kitchen.

I was just putting the bacon and eggs onto a plate when I heard Snape start to move around in his room. I set the plate on the kitchen table with a note apologising for how I had acted last night and explaining that I was just trying to help, washed the dirty dishes with a cleaning spell, got my stuff, and left to go to the library to do a bit more reading for a quiz I was going to have about some plants in herbology.