Chapter 9

Your POV

Setting: Somewhere over the Mediterranean sea.

You just got back from Atlanta and the whole "Phorcys deal." Everyone has just been chilling out. By Leo, we'll be in Rome in about three or four days.

You are up on the deck looking out at the vast ocean.

"What's up, (y/n)?" Leo asks sitting down beside you.

"Thinking..." You quickly say resting your chin on the rail, criss crossing your legs.

"Thinking about what?"

"I-i'm just thinking about the closer and closer we get to Rome, the closer it comes to me having "the fate of all mortals" in my hands... And I really have no one... Everyone has someone but me.. Percy and Annabeth. Hazel, and Frank. Piper and Jason and you.... I'm like the eighth wheel..."

"You know one time an evil lady tried to tell me I would never fit in with my brethren and I would be the seventh wheel.

But ever since you came I didn't feel like that-"

"So I'm just your replacement?!??!"

"No... What I'm saying is," He reaches down and interlocks his fingers in yours. Your face turns crimson. "We have our friends. We have our family. We have.... Each other."

You stare into his brown eyes. You feel as if your staring into his soul. Sorrow, fear, anger, joy, regret...

Lost in the moment, you finally come to realize that his lips have brushed against yours. Your (eye color) eyes seem to flow open, while Leo's are shut. He puts his hand on your cheek, only to be interrupted by the bump of the ship.

Your sitting under the railing so you bump your head on the rail and end up falling off. You wave your hands in the air frantically trying to get hold of something. You finally grab a loose rope hanging from the ship.

"If the daughter of Apollo dies, above death shall rain. The doors of death with not be met, and chaos will fall." A strange voice says coming from you. It snickers and gives you control of your voice again.

"Gaea.." Percy says recognizing the voice. Him and Annabeth had ran out to see what happened. Behind them follow Piper, Jason, Hazel, Frank, and Coach Hedge.

"Help!!!!!" You cry. Too late your hand slips and you plunge from 30,000 feet.

To be continued.......... (I'm evil)